Quantcast

[ANN] Release of eXist 3.1.1

Joe Wicentowski
Dear all,

We are happy to announce the release of eXist-db v3.1.1. This is a bug fix release, which addresses a number of issues and closes two memory leaks.

As announced earlier this evening at http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/wiki/blogs/eXist/eXistdb311, the most important changes are:
  • fixed command line parameters for backup/restore and the Java admin client (partially broken in 3.1.0)
  • closed memory leak in XQuery map constructor
  • closed memory leak preventing memory used for accessing binary resources in XQuery being freed
  • added missing dependencies for YAJSW when installing as a System-V service
  • corrected fn:doc-available() to return false(), not FODC0005, when it cannot the remote resource does not return a document node
  • prevented an NPE when an account or a group can't be found by id due to storage corruption or a missing account or group
In addition to eXist-db itself, this release includes updated versions of a number of the bundled applications: Documentation (v0.4.8), Monitoring and Profiling AKA "Monex" (v0.9.7), Shared Resources (v0.4.2). Other applications updated since the last release of eXist-db include Demo Apps (v0.4.0), Public Application Repository (v0.6.0), and XQuery Versioning Module (v1.1.2). The updated versions and their release notes are all available via Dashboard > Package Manager or from the Public Application Repository.

Compatibility
  • eXist-db v3.1.1 is binary-compatible with earlier releases of v3.x, but not with previous versions (v2.x). Users upgrading from pre-3.0 versions should perform a full backup and restore to migrate their data.
  • eXist-db v3.1.1 requires Java 8.

Downloading This Version
  • eXist-db v3.1.1 is available for download from the eXist-db Releases page on Bintray. (The old download page on Sourceforge is no longer updated.)
  • Maven artifacts for eXist-db v3.1.1 are available from our mvn-repo repository.
  • For macOS users of the Homebrew package manager, eXist-db v3.1.1 is already available.
Thanks to everyone in the community who reported or contributed to the issues addressed in this release and to the core developers for their hard work researching, testing, and getting the fixes out to the whole community.

Re: [ANN] Release of eXist 3.1.1

Pietro Liuzzo
Yes, sorry, I meant to send it to the list.

I have cloned from git the master branch which claims to be 3.1.0 not 3.1.1, at least this morning. From the description given, it looks like it is in fact 3.1.1.

cloning the develop branch instead I get 3.2.0-SNAPSHOT.

Strange, it should be back to 3.2.0-SNAPSHOT. Could you please post your question to exist-open?

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 2:43 AM Pietro Liuzzo <[hidden email]> wrote:
can this be downloaded from the master brach of git repo? I still get 3.1.0 there. thanks a lot

[...]

Pietro Maria Liuzzo
cel (DE): +49 (0) 176 61 000 606
Skype: pietro.liuzzo (Quingentole)
--
Sent from my iPhone

--
Pietro Maria Liuzzo
cel (DE): +49 (0) 176 61 000 606
Skype: pietro.liuzzo (Quingentole)

Re: [ANN] Release of eXist 3.1.1

Adam Retter
Pietro,

If you want a specific version I would suggest checking out the tag
rather than the master branch.

However, I have just updated the master branch to 3.1.1 :-)

All the best. Adam.

On 23 March 2017 at 07:36, Pietro Liuzzo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, sorry, I meant to send it to the list.
>
> I have cloned from git the master branch which claims to be 3.1.0 not 3.1.1,
> at least this morning. From the description given, it looks like it is in
> fact 3.1.1.
>
> cloning the develop branch instead I get 3.2.0-SNAPSHOT.

>> Strange, it should be back to 3.2.0-SNAPSHOT. Could you please post your
>> question to exist-open?
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 2:43 AM Pietro Liuzzo <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> can this be downloaded from the master brach of git repo? I still get
>>> 3.1.0 there. thanks a lot

>>> --
>>> Pietro Maria Liuzzo
>>> cel (DE): +49 (0) 176 61 000 606
>>> Skype: pietro.liuzzo (Quingentole)
>>> https://uk.linkedin.com/in/pietroliuzzo
>>
>> --
>> Sent from my iPhone
>

> --
> Pietro Maria Liuzzo
> cel (DE): +49 (0) 176 61 000 606
> Skype: pietro.liuzzo (Quingentole)
> https://uk.linkedin.com/in/pietroliuzzo

Re: [ANN] Release of eXist 3.1.1

Pietro Liuzzo
Thanks a lot! I followed the instructions on build.md.  Is this different from what was on master this morning?

Pietro,

If you want a specific version I would suggest checking out the tag
rather than the master branch.

However, I have just updated the master branch to 3.1.1 :-)

All the best. Adam.

On 23 March 2017 at 07:36, Pietro Liuzzo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yes, sorry, I meant to send it to the list.
>
> I have cloned from git the master branch which claims to be 3.1.0 not 3.1.1,
> at least this morning. From the description given, it looks like it is in
> fact 3.1.1.
>
> cloning the develop branch instead I get 3.2.0-SNAPSHOT.

>> Strange, it should be back to 3.2.0-SNAPSHOT. Could you please post your
>> question to exist-open?
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 2:43 AM Pietro Liuzzo <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> can this be downloaded from the master brach of git repo? I still get
>>> 3.1.0 there. thanks a lot

>>> --
>>> Pietro Maria Liuzzo
>>> cel (DE): <a href="tel:%2B49%20%280%29%20176%2061%20000%20606" value="+4917661000606">+49 (0) 176 61 000 606
>>> Skype: pietro.liuzzo (Quingentole)
>>> https://uk.linkedin.com/in/pietroliuzzo
>>
>> --
>> Sent from my iPhone
>

> --
> Pietro Maria Liuzzo
> cel (DE): <a href="tel:%2B49%20%280%29%20176%2061%20000%20606" value="+4917661000606">+49 (0) 176 61 000 606
> Skype: pietro.liuzzo (Quingentole)
> https://uk.linkedin.com/in/pietroliuzzo

Pietro Maria Liuzzo
cel (DE): +49 (0) 176 61 000 606
Skype: pietro.liuzzo (Quingentole)

Re: [ANN] Release of eXist 3.1.1

Adam Retter
I updated master just before 14:00 CET

On 23 March 2017 at 09:59, Pietro Liuzzo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks a lot! I followed the instructions on build.md.  Is this different
> from what was on master this morning?

>> Pietro,
>>
>> If you want a specific version I would suggest checking out the tag
>> rather than the master branch.
>>
>> However, I have just updated the master branch to 3.1.1 :-)
>>
>> All the best. Adam.
>>
>> On 23 March 2017 at 07:36, Pietro Liuzzo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Yes, sorry, I meant to send it to the list.
>> >
>> > I have cloned from git the master branch which claims to be 3.1.0 not
>> > 3.1.1,
>> > at least this morning. From the description given, it looks like it is
>> > in
>> > fact 3.1.1.
>> >
>> > cloning the develop branch instead I get 3.2.0-SNAPSHOT.

>> > --
>> > Pietro Maria Liuzzo
>> > cel (DE): +49 (0) 176 61 000 606
>> > Skype: pietro.liuzzo (Quingentole)