_____________________________ From: mountainbiker <[hidden email]> Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 6:15 AM Subject: [Exist-open] Allowing of Lucene Stopwords is not working for me To: <[hidden email]>
*Running eXist 2.2*
Trying to utilize "*are*" with ft:query.
Configured the collection.xconf in numerous different ways to permit this stopword. I changed the xconf, restarted, and re-indexed (a sub set of the collection that knowingly has matches), but nothing is working for me. I have tried:
I then tried all of the above using an attribute of id="nosw" on the analyzer and then used on the text element the id attribute of analyzer="nosw". Still did not work for me. I am not even seeing any errors in the logs.
Re: Allowing of Lucene Stopwords is not working for me
Any code you post in nabble is not showing up in emails sent out to
people who subscribe to the mailing list - a known issue with nabble.
Would recommend you subscribe/post via normal email to ensure your
code is sent to all.
I see, so your issue isn't with wildcards per se, but with stopwords.
I recall discussions on this here in the past. See messages from the
list archive like this:
I was wondering why you were talking about wildcards, but I see between Nabble and the mailing list the "bold" markup was changed to "*".
I had tried every example in the various documentation sets and in the forum. The only one that I had success with was Jens' response to me where all the stopwords were brought back into play. I could not find any successful way with eXist 2.2 to selective remove just the stopwords I needed reintroduced.
Hopefully eXist 3 will come out of the "release candidate" state, and we'll get approval to upgrade -- where this stopword bug has most likely been addressed.