Ann: new Package Manager for eXistdb

Joern Turner-4
Hi *,

happy to announce that there's a new package manager application for eXistdb.

It is based upon Web Components (Polymer-flavor) and features Materail Design.

It runs as a standalone application from the dashboard and does quite the same as the 'old' package manager - allowing to locally or remotely install and remove xar files.

Of course it's open source and available for installation from the public repository. To install open up the 'old' package manager from the dashboard and click on 'available'. This is an optimized (compressed) version of it so if you'd like to look at the sources you'll likely want to clone it from our repository (see below) and build yourself.

The package manager is the first step to renew the eXistdb dashboard and its plugins. Further app components are in the works to make building eXistdb applications even quicker.

Feedback is very welcome and you can download the source or post issues at:
http://admin.exist-db.org:9090/eXistdbElements/existdb-packagemanager

A note of caution: please consider it still a beta - it is hard to test all possible usage scenarios and conditions but i did my best to cover at least the most important ones.

-Joern

Re: Ann: new Package Manager for eXistdb

Joe Wicentowski
Hi Joern,

Fantastic news - looking forward to trying it out.  I'm also excited to hear about the renewal of the eXist/eXist-db/eXistdb dashboard!

But isn't this the preferred URL now?

(As opposed to admin:9090...)

Joe

p.s. Here's my regex for matching eXist name variants:  `e[xX]ist(db|-db)?`  Anyone have a better one?

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 11:17 AM, Joern Turner <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

yes - thanks Joe - still having old bookmarks.

So the 'official' address is:
http://gitlab.exist-db.org/eXistdbElements/existdb-packagemanager