Any recommendations for a hosting company?

Any recommendations for a hosting company?

Flament, Eric

eXist community,

Looks like its been a while since this question was asked.  I am ready to put my project online and am kind of shooting in the dark.  The last discussion I could find was from Oct 2014:  https://sourceforge.net/p/exist/mailman/message/32906282/.  Looks like Amazon works.  Adam Retter says he used GreenQloud.  Pagekite and Digital Ocean are also names that are mentioned. I'd prefer an inexpensive option and don't expect much traffic.  I also don't have any experience with website hosting beyond simple FTP, but I've managed to setup the Apache virtual host proxy.  Getting the first year free makes me lean towards Amazon.  Does anyone have recommendations or advise on picking a hosting company?

-Eric

Re: Any recommendations for a hosting company?

Adam Retter
Hi Eric,

I have not actually used PageKite, I think you might be mistaken there ;-)

I have mainly used: GreenQloud (now only offer private cloud), Digital
Ocean, Amazon EC2, Google Cloud and OVH.

If you want a simple and cheap option then I guess the free-tier at
EC2 is probably your best bet. In the longer term, I am not sure if
EC2 or something like OVH might be cheaper.