Atomic Wiki 0.8 defunct in exist 3.2

Christopher Johnson
Hi,

I am finally now looking at migrating my app to 3.2.  I have a documentation dependency on the Atomic Wiki and have noticed that it is currently defunct.

The error is this:
err:XPTY0004 Expected exactly one item for the function to be called, got 0. Expression: $config?paragraph [at line 273, column 20, source: /var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/exist/WEB-INF/data/expathrepo/markdown-0.5/content/markdown.xql]

If anyone has an idea what changeset this could be related to, please let me know.

Thanks,
Christopher Johnson

Re: Atomic Wiki 0.8 defunct in exist 3.2

Christopher Johnson
The error (and a full stack trace) can be reproduced by installing the Atomic Wiki 0.8 app from the dashboard package manager.

Thank you,
Christopher Johnson

On 22 March 2017 at 01:58, Joe Wicentowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Christopher,

I can reproduce the error when installing the current version of
Atomic Wiki via dashboard package manager and going to its landing
page, http://localhost:8080/exist/apps/wiki/.

I haven't completely tracked down the cause, but I can trigger the
error when invoking md:parse() using atomic.xql's options:

```
xquery version "3.1";

import module namespace md="http://exist-db.org/xquery/markdown";

let $md := util:binary-to-string(util:binary-doc('/db/apps/wiki/data/Welcome.md'))
return
    md:parse(
        $md,
        map {
            "code-block" := function($language as xs:string, $code as
xs:string) {
                <pre class="ext:code?lang={$language}">{$code}</pre>
            }
        }
    )
```

On the other hand, omitting the "code-block" option avoids the error:

```
xquery version "3.1";

import module namespace md="http://exist-db.org/xquery/markdown";

let $md := util:binary-to-string(util:binary-doc('/db/apps/wiki/data/Welcome.md'))
return
    md:parse($md)
```

This suggests that something about (a) the 2-parameter version of
md:parse() or (b) the way this "code-block" override function has
changed in Markdown 0.5, or something about the way AtomicWiki runs on
eXist 3.x has changed.

What version of eXist were you using before, when you didn't get this error?

Joe

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 7:42 AM, Christopher Johnson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> The error (and a full stack trace) can be reproduced by installing the
> Atomic Wiki 0.8 app from the dashboard package manager.
>
> Thank you,
> Christopher Johnson
>

> On 22 March 2017 at 01:58, Joe Wicentowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> There has been a new release of the Markdown module (not sure about
>> atomicwiki though, maybe too?), so it is possible some assumption about the
>> structure of Markdown files was changed in the code.  Is there any chance
>> you could mail me the wiki article / Markdown file in question so I can see
>> what might be responsible?
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 5:52 AM Christopher Johnson
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am finally now looking at migrating my app to 3.2.  I have a
>>> documentation dependency on the Atomic Wiki and have noticed that it is
>>> currently defunct.
>>>
>>> The error is this:
>>> err:XPTY0004 Expected exactly one item for the function to be called, got
>>> 0. Expression: $config?paragraph [at line 273, column 20, source:
>>> /var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/exist/WEB-INF/data/expathrepo/markdown-0.5/content/markdown.xql]
>>>
>>> If anyone has an idea what changeset this could be related to, please let
>>> me know.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Christopher Johnson

>> --
>> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Atomic Wiki 0.8 defunct in exist 3.2

Christopher Johnson
Hi Joe,

Thanks for checking into this.  Atomic Wiki worked on 2.2.

Cheers,
Christopher