Betterform and nonProxyHosts

peter winstanley
Dear List Members [note, I have posted on the Betterform list also]

I am running betterFORM 5.0rc10 - buildNumber:12242 - Timestamp:2014-09-18 12:06:44 using
exist-db version 2.2 using the service wrapper

I have setup the service wrapper to include the system property http.nonProxyHosts and
exist-db reports this correctly using util:system-property()

However, the setting it not honoured by either httpclient or betterform.  all traffic goes
through the web proxy.

Can anyone please provide advice or an illustration of a working setup to divert http and
betterform calls to resources within the proxy firewall?

Many thanks

Peter

Re: Betterform and nonProxyHosts

Dannes Wessels-3
Hi

On 5 Apr 2017, at 16:23 , peter winstanley <[hidden email]> wrote:

Can anyone please provide advice or an illustration of a working setup to divert http and
betterform calls to resources within the proxy firewall?

which http client do you use? the expath one or the old ‘native’ one?

I am actually glad you get the proxy working, for the expath version this does probably not work. I never used the nonProxyHost setting myself, this usecase is not often used I guess.

I do not have a solution sorry….

D.

Re: Betterform and nonProxyHosts

peter winstanley
it fails for a GET submission to a resource on a network server that is within the firewall and for which there is an entry in nonProxyHosts

Re: Betterform and nonProxyHosts

peter winstanley
 it fails for a GET submission to a resource on a network server that is within the firewall and for which there is an entry in nonProxyHosts

Re: Betterform and nonProxyHosts

Joe Wicentowski
Peter,

Did you have something to add to your earlier message? You appear to have just re-sent your email of 12 hours earlier.

Joe

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 5:11 PM peter winstanley <[hidden email]> wrote:
 it fails for a GET submission to a resource on a network server that is within the firewall and for which there is an entry in nonProxyHosts

Re: Betterform and nonProxyHosts

Joe Wicentowski
Hi Peter,

Ah, ok. That's strange, because I didn't see any HTML in the earlier post. Maybe just a fluke then!

Joe

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 12:42 AM peter winstanley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Joe
When i got the digest is said html scrubbed so i send again as plain text

[...]

  https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open [https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open] [https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open [https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open]]

Sent from my iPhone

--
Sent from my iPhone