BufferOverFlowException

Rene Noordegraaf
Hello all,

Have I reach the limits of a single collection, or is my application the
cause of it?

Tonight I ran a test which added (tried to) 100.000 small (30kB)
documents to a single collection. This resulted in a
java.nio.BufferOverFlowException.

Has some added more, or the same ammount, of documents without any problems?

Best regards,

Rene Noordegraaf

Re: BufferOverFlowException

wolfgangmm
Hi Rene,

> Tonight I ran a test which added (tried to) 100.000 small (30kB)
> documents to a single collection. This resulted in a
> java.nio.BufferOverFlowException.

The error has nothing to do with the collection size. The only part of
eXist using java.nio is the journal manager. It indeed has a 512K
buffer for the journal log messages and it seems that in your case
some log event is trying to write beyond the buffer boundaries. We
will need to reproduce that.