Cardinality error in TEI Publisher

Beni Ruef-2
Dear list

I just installed TEI publisher 2.0.4 on eXist 3.0 (Git commit : develop-acd0c14) and wanted to test it with our TEI documents.

All our documents produce the following error message:

exerr:ERROR XPTY0004: The actual cardinality for parameter 1 does not match the cardinality declared in the function's signature: tpu:parse-pi($doc as document-node(), $view as xs:string?) item()*. Expected cardinality: exactly one, got 0. [at line 109, column 33, source: /db/apps/tei-publisher/modules/lib/pages.xql]

I don’t have the faintest idea what’s the problem, our documents are not _that_ special…  I guess the ‹pi› in ‹parse-pi› stands for processing instruction but that doesn’t help me either.

If nobody has a clue I’ll try creating a MWE, that is a MNWE ;-)

Thanks in advance
Beni
--
Dr. Bernhard Ruef <[hidden email]>
Law Sources Foundation of the Swiss Lawyers Society

Re: Cardinality error in TEI Publisher

it turns out the problem is that publisher interprets _ in the filename when followed by a number as a pointer into the document it tries to resolve. This is actually legacy code and could be dropped. I changed the version on teipublisher.com accordingly and now your documents display just fine.

Wolfgang