Convert ANSI to UTF-8?

hendrickst
We are utilizing eXist 2.2 and have a third party tool running that creates various documents. We ran into a problem in the latest update in which they had been creating files encoded as UTF-8 but then switched to ANSI without notification. We now have collections with a mix of both encodings and are receiving errors because of this. We need to switch back to UTF-8.

At this point we have an xsl (a different company created for us) to run against the files to find/replace some of the characters that would be lost, but can't figure out how to change the encoding. Encoding settings were changed there but do not seem to affect the output.

Any suggestions?

Trevor Hendricks
Project Analyst -- Publication Systems
Technical Communications, MS: 078
m: 920-226-2116
p: 920-457-4441; ext. 73571
f: 920-803-3939
e: [hidden email]
Experience gracious living with Kohler.
Genuine Kohler Service Parts
Ask Nature
Save Water America

But then again, I like cold toilet seats.