Quantcast

Documentation error in http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/doc/xqsuite.xml

Jonathan Rowell

Hi,

in the above documentation there is a line missing after the first paragraph after %test:assertError($errString)

The line which is missing is <dt>%test:assertXPath($annotation)</dt>

Filling in this line then makes sense of the paragraph starting with "The annotation value...".

The section regarding assertError is also not 100% correct. The assertion does NOT react to the description string, it only reacts correctly with the QName.

This is either a bug in the code, or perhaps somewhat cheaper, a bug in the documentation.

Jonathan

PS: Shall I raise an issue? There are already 20 issues and 2 pull requests outstanding.

Furthermore, it's about time the error on the GitHub page was corrected. Native not Natice.

"This is the (official) documentation project for the eXist-db Natice XML database."

Re: Documentation error in http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/doc/xqsuite.xml

Joe Wicentowski
Hi Jonathan,

Issues (discussion) and PRs (fixes) are most definitely welcome!  We're making a renewed effort to review these and advance them toward resolution.

Joe

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 1:52 PM, Jonathan Rowell <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Joe,

I think I can fork the documenation and fix that - although that on GitHub has been partially fixed.

But I'd like to check the programming aspect.

Do you know which source file(s) are concerned with Test Suite?

Jonathan

Re: Documentation error in http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/doc/xqsuite.xml

Joe Wicentowski
Hi Jonathan,

I believe the source of the test suite is this:

I'll be interested to see your findings! Thanks in advance for any edits/corrections you propose.

Joe