Embedding eXist in Java Application

Миљан Ушћумлић
Hi all,

I am interested in embedding eXist in my Java Application. I have read the documentation on the page http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/doc/deployment.xml#embedded but it seems to be outdated. Some jars are missing, some have changed their names etc.

Does anyone know which jar files should be included in the project with the current version of the exist?

1. Is it ok
(but maybe to much) just to make maven dependency like:
<dependency>
<groupId>org.exist-db</groupId>
<artifactId>exist-core</artifactId>
<version>3.4.0</version>
</dependency>

especially when it comes to those jars that should be in the endorsed directory?

2. If not, if someone knows the updated version of the list from the documentation, I would be highly appreciated for it. Also if there are some other things not mentioned in the documentation that I should be aware of when embedding exist.

Thanks,
Miljan
--
С наилучшими пожеланиями,
Мильан

Re: Embedding eXist in Java Application

Adam Retter
Does anyone know which jar files should be included in the project with the current version of the exist?

1. Is it ok
(but maybe to much) just to make maven dependency like:
<dependency>
<groupId>org.exist-db</groupId>
<artifactId>exist-core</artifactId>
<version>3.4.0</version>
</dependency>

especially when it comes to those jars that should be in the endorsed directory?

Yes, that should be fine.

eXist Core Developer
{ United Kingdom / United States }