Error: Failed to invoke method getSubCollectionPermissions in class org.exist.xmlrpc.RpcConnection: null

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Error: Failed to invoke method getSubCollectionPermissions in class org.exist.xmlrpc.RpcConnection: null

RoyMacLean
[Apologies for re-posting, but I'm still stuck on this]

In a newly installed 3.0, I'm getting the error:

Failed to invoke method getSubCollectionPermissions in class org.exist.xmlrpc.RpcConnection: null

when I try to open the /db/apps collection in the Java Admin Client (in eXide, it simply has no contents). The apps are present and run - I just can't see them. The data collections are ok.

I've found previous threads on this, but they're not very clear on what the fix is.

Thanks for any help.

Full error trace below.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Failed to invoke method getSubCollectionPermissions in class org.exist.xmlrpc.RpcConnection: null
---------------------------------------
org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: Failed to invoke method getSubCollectionPermissions in class org.exist.xmlrpc.RpcConnection: null
        at org.exist.xmldb.RemoteCollection.getSubCollectionPermissions(RemoteCollection.java:333)
        at org.exist.xmldb.RemoteUserManagementService.getSubCollectionPermissions(RemoteUserManagementService.java:421)
        at org.exist.client.InteractiveClient.getResources(InteractiveClient.java:368)
        at org.exist.client.InteractiveClient.process(InteractiveClient.java:552)
        at org.exist.client.ClientFrame$ProcessThread.run(ClientFrame.java:1524)
Caused by: org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: Failed to invoke method getSubCollectionPermissions in class org.exist.xmlrpc.RpcConnection: null
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.readResponse(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:197)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:156)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcHttpTransport.java:143)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.java:69)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClientWorker.execute(XmlRpcClientWorker.java:56)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:167)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:158)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:147)
        at org.exist.xmldb.RemoteCollection.getSubCollectionPermissions(RemoteCollection.java:324)
        ... 4 more
Caused by: org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: Failed to invoke method getSubCollectionPermissions in class org.exist.xmlrpc.RpcConnection: null
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.readResponse(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:197)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:156)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcHttpTransport.java:143)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.java:69)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClientWorker.execute(XmlRpcClientWorker.java:56)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:167)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:158)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:147)
        at org.exist.xmldb.RemoteCollection.getSubCollectionPermissions(RemoteCollection.java:324)
        at org.exist.xmldb.RemoteUserManagementService.getSubCollectionPermissions(RemoteUserManagementService.java:421)
        at org.exist.client.InteractiveClient.getResources(InteractiveClient.java:368)
        at org.exist.client.InteractiveClient.process(InteractiveClient.java:552)
        at org.exist.client.ClientFrame$ProcessThread.run(ClientFrame.java:1524)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Error: Failed to invoke method getSubCollectionPermissions in class org.exist.xmlrpc.RpcConnection: null

Adam Retter
Roy,

The stacktrace that you appear to post I think is from the InteractiveClient.

Could you also take a look in
$EXIST_HOME/webapp/WEB-INF/logs/exist.log and let us have the
stacktrace from the server?

On 6 March 2017 at 08:50, RoyMacLean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [Apologies for re-posting, but I'm still stuck on this]
>
> In a newly installed 3.0, I'm getting the error:
>
> Failed to invoke method getSubCollectionPermissions in class
> org.exist.xmlrpc.RpcConnection: null
>
> when I try to open the /db/apps collection in the Java Admin Client (in
> eXide, it simply has no contents). The apps are present and run - I just
> can't see them. The data collections are ok.
>
> I've found previous threads on this, but they're not very clear on what the
> fix is.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Full error trace below.
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
> Failed to invoke method getSubCollectionPermissions in class
> org.exist.xmlrpc.RpcConnection: null
> ---------------------------------------
> org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: Failed to invoke method
> getSubCollectionPermissions in class org.exist.xmlrpc.RpcConnection: null
>         at
> org.exist.xmldb.RemoteCollection.getSubCollectionPermissions(RemoteCollection.java:333)
>         at
> org.exist.xmldb.RemoteUserManagementService.getSubCollectionPermissions(RemoteUserManagementService.java:421)
>         at
> org.exist.client.InteractiveClient.getResources(InteractiveClient.java:368)
>         at org.exist.client.InteractiveClient.process(InteractiveClient.java:552)
>         at org.exist.client.ClientFrame$ProcessThread.run(ClientFrame.java:1524)
> Caused by: org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: Failed to invoke method
> getSubCollectionPermissions in class org.exist.xmlrpc.RpcConnection: null
>         at
> org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.readResponse(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:197)
>         at
> org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:156)
>         at
> org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcHttpTransport.java:143)
>         at
> org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.java:69)
>         at
> org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClientWorker.execute(XmlRpcClientWorker.java:56)
>         at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:167)
>         at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:158)
>         at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:147)
>         at
> org.exist.xmldb.RemoteCollection.getSubCollectionPermissions(RemoteCollection.java:324)
>         ... 4 more
> Caused by: org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: Failed to invoke method
> getSubCollectionPermissions in class org.exist.xmlrpc.RpcConnection: null
>         at
> org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.readResponse(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:197)
>         at
> org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:156)
>         at
> org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcHttpTransport.java:143)
>         at
> org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.java:69)
>         at
> org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClientWorker.execute(XmlRpcClientWorker.java:56)
>         at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:167)
>         at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:158)
>         at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:147)
>         at
> org.exist.xmldb.RemoteCollection.getSubCollectionPermissions(RemoteCollection.java:324)
>         at
> org.exist.xmldb.RemoteUserManagementService.getSubCollectionPermissions(RemoteUserManagementService.java:421)
>         at
> org.exist.client.InteractiveClient.getResources(InteractiveClient.java:368)
>         at org.exist.client.InteractiveClient.process(InteractiveClient.java:552)
>         at org.exist.client.ClientFrame$ProcessThread.run(ClientFrame.java:1524)
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://exist.2174344.n4.nabble.com/Error-Failed-to-invoke-method-getSubCollectionPermissions-in-class-org-exist-xmlrpc-RpcConnection-nul-tp4671607.html
> Sent from the exist-open mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Exist-open mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open



--
Adam Retter

eXist Developer
{ United Kingdom }
[hidden email]
irc://irc.freenode.net/existdb

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Error: Failed to invoke method getSubCollectionPermissions in class org.exist.xmlrpc.RpcConnection: null

RoyMacLean
Adam Retter wrote
Roy,

The stacktrace that you appear to post I think is from the InteractiveClient.

Could you also take a look in
$EXIST_HOME/webapp/WEB-INF/logs/exist.log and let us have the
stacktrace from the server?
Adam,
There's nothing being added to exist.log when I do the failing 'Open Collection' action - there's just some per-10 minute statistics:
-----------------
2017-03-06 06:04:38,831 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-4] INFO  (NativeBroker.java [sync]:3689) - Memory: 785,408K total; 1,864,192K max; 609,923K free
2017-03-06 06:04:38,834 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-4] INFO  (BTree.java [printStatistics]:2619) - dom.dbx INDEX Buffers occupation : 100% (324 out of 324) Cache efficiency : 100%
2017-03-06 06:04:38,834 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-4] INFO  (DOMFile.java [printStatistics]:1393) - dom.dbx DATA Buffers occupation : 100% (255 out of 256) Cache efficiency : 99%
2017-03-06 06:04:38,834 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-4] INFO  (BTree.java [printStatistics]:2619) - collections.dbx INDEX Buffers occupation : 39% (25 out of 64) Cache efficiency : 100%
2017-03-06 06:04:38,835 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-4] INFO  (BFile.java [printStatistics]:419) - collections.dbx DATA Buffers occupation : 99% (79 out of 80) Cache efficiency : 97%
2017-03-06 06:04:38,835 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-4] INFO  (BTree.java [printStatistics]:2619) - values.dbx INDEX Buffers occupation : 2% (1 out of 64) Cache efficiency : 100%
2017-03-06 06:04:38,835 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-4] INFO  (BFile.java [printStatistics]:419) - values.dbx DATA Buffers occupation : 0% (0 out of 64) Cache efficiency : N/A
------------------------------------
The error regarding getSubCollectionPermissions, given previously, is written to xmlrpc.log

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Error: Failed to invoke method getSubCollectionPermissions in class org.exist.xmlrpc.RpcConnection: null

Adam Retter
Okay,

Who do you login to the admin client as? And are you just double
clicking on /db/apps to open up the apps collection?

On 6 March 2017 at 11:10, RoyMacLean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Adam Retter wrote
>> Roy,
>>
>> The stacktrace that you appear to post I think is from the
>> InteractiveClient.
>>
>> Could you also take a look in
>> $EXIST_HOME/webapp/WEB-INF/logs/exist.log and let us have the
>> stacktrace from the server?
>
> Adam,
> There's nothing being added to exist.log when I do the failing 'Open
> Collection' action - there's just some per-10 minute statistics:
> -----------------
> 2017-03-06 06:04:38,831 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-4] INFO
> (NativeBroker.java [sync]:3689) - Memory: 785,408K total; 1,864,192K max;
> 609,923K free
> 2017-03-06 06:04:38,834 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-4] INFO  (BTree.java
> [printStatistics]:2619) - dom.dbx INDEX Buffers occupation : 100% (324 out
> of 324) Cache efficiency : 100%
> 2017-03-06 06:04:38,834 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-4] INFO
> (DOMFile.java [printStatistics]:1393) - dom.dbx DATA Buffers occupation :
> 100% (255 out of 256) Cache efficiency : 99%
> 2017-03-06 06:04:38,834 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-4] INFO  (BTree.java
> [printStatistics]:2619) - collections.dbx INDEX Buffers occupation : 39% (25
> out of 64) Cache efficiency : 100%
> 2017-03-06 06:04:38,835 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-4] INFO  (BFile.java
> [printStatistics]:419) - collections.dbx DATA Buffers occupation : 99% (79
> out of 80) Cache efficiency : 97%
> 2017-03-06 06:04:38,835 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-4] INFO  (BTree.java
> [printStatistics]:2619) - values.dbx INDEX Buffers occupation : 2% (1 out of
> 64) Cache efficiency : 100%
> 2017-03-06 06:04:38,835 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-4] INFO  (BFile.java
> [printStatistics]:419) - values.dbx DATA Buffers occupation : 0% (0 out of
> 64) Cache efficiency : N/A
> ------------------------------------
> The error regarding getSubCollectionPermissions, given previously, is
> written to xmlrpc.log
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://exist.2174344.n4.nabble.com/Error-Failed-to-invoke-method-getSubCollectionPermissions-in-class-org-exist-xmlrpc-RpcConnection-nul-tp4671607p4671613.html
> Sent from the exist-open mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Exist-open mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open



--
Adam Retter

eXist Developer
{ United Kingdom }
[hidden email]
irc://irc.freenode.net/existdb

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Error: Failed to invoke method getSubCollectionPermissions in class org.exist.xmlrpc.RpcConnection: null

RoyMacLean
Adam Retter wrote
Okay,

Who do you login to the admin client as? And are you just double
clicking on /db/apps to open up the apps collection?
I'm logging on as 'admin', and yes I'm just double-clicking to open.

(In eXide, the apps folder doesn't open, but there's no error message.)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Error: Failed to invoke method getSubCollectionPermissions in class org.exist.xmlrpc.RpcConnection: null

Adam Retter
Is it possible for you to, stop eXist-db and zip up your
$EXIST_HOME/webapp/WEB-INF/data folder and send it to be privately? I
think there might be a corruption in your database.

On 6 March 2017 at 12:30, RoyMacLean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Adam Retter wrote
>> Okay,
>>
>> Who do you login to the admin client as? And are you just double
>> clicking on /db/apps to open up the apps collection?
>
> I'm logging on as 'admin', and yes I'm just double-clicking to open.
>
> (In eXide, the apps folder doesn't open, but there's no error message.)
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://exist.2174344.n4.nabble.com/Error-Failed-to-invoke-method-getSubCollectionPermissions-in-class-org-exist-xmlrpc-RpcConnection-nul-tp4671607p4671615.html
> Sent from the exist-open mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Exist-open mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open



--
Adam Retter

eXist Developer
{ United Kingdom }
[hidden email]
irc://irc.freenode.net/existdb

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Announcing the Oxford Dictionaries API! The API offers world-renowned
dictionary content that is easy and intuitive to access. Sign up for an
account today to start using our lexical data to power your apps and
projects. Get started today and enter our developer competition.
http://sdm.link/oxford
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
Loading...