Exist Client fails adding xml files and admin does not allow adding a directory

Exist Client fails adding xml files and admin does not allow adding a directory

sergio del amo
Hi,
I am running a ubuntu distro. I have installed cocoon 2.17 as a web application of tomcat 5.5.12. I downloaded
eXist-1.0b2-build-1107.jar and i installed under /usr/local/exist. My tomcat engine is under /usr/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.12.
I followed the link http://wiki.exist-db.org/space/CocoonInstall to integrate exist into my cocoon
webapp. So now i have exist running under http://localhost:8080/cocoon/exist/.
I can accesss the web admin interface  http://localhost:8080/cocoon/exist/admin.xql.
There i can create new collection and add to those collections xml files. But just one xml at a time.
I have thousands of xml files and adding each file individually will cost me days. Basically i can not add
a directory. So i decided to use the exist client to do this task.
I have defined $EXIST_HOME=/usr/loca/exist so i executed /usr/local/exist/bin/client.sh and i connect to
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/xmlrpc. It connects without problems and i can see the collections and files added through
the admin page. But when i try to add files or directories it fails. I get:
  WorkerThread.java:80)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java.534)
  Could not parse ... xmlfilenames.

The files i am trying to add are valid xml files and i can add them without problems with the admin interface.

To sum up. I can add a file with admin interface but not an entire directory. And the with the client i can not add because it fails.
I hope anyone can help to solve this issue. Thanks in advanced.
Sergio

Re: Exist Client fails adding xml files and admin does not allow adding a directory

Michael Beddow-2
> I downloaded  eXist-1.0b2-build-1107.jar

Please get something less old and bug-ridden. There should be a new snapshot
very soon now. Or use the last available snapshot. Or fetch the CVS  version
and do a dist-war build.

>   Could not parse ... xmlfilenames.

Often really means "could not find..."  But try again when you have a more
recent build

Michael Beddow