FOP external svg in 3.0

Hungerburg
Just tried on a current develop exist-db and no way to make external SVG
show in PDF. This is the FO that used to work:

<fo:external-graphic src="xmldb:exist:///db/apps/my/CI.svg"/>

Now it fails with no message where ever. Even a working
http://localhost... URL in the src attribute will show nothing.

Gotta keep on trying, maybe someone has a quick tip?

--
Peter

Re: FOP external svg in 3.0

Hungerburg
Am 2017-03-06 um 15:05 schrieb Hungerburg:

> Just tried on a current develop exist-db and no way to make external SVG
> show in PDF. This is the FO that used to work:
>
> <fo:external-graphic src="xmldb:exist:///db/apps/my/CI.svg"/>
>
> Now it fails with no message where ever. Even a working
> http://localhost... URL in the src attribute will show nothing.
>
> Gotta keep on trying, maybe someone has a quick tip?

Following this advise -
https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/fo.html#external-resources - does not
help
<fo:external-graphic src="url(xmldb:exist:///db/apps/my/CI.svg)"/>

PS: SVG also does not show when placed inline in the FO; Yet, Batik is
here, even twice:
/extensions/modules/lib/batik-all-1.7.jar
/extensions/modules/lib/batik-all-1.8.jar

Hmm

--
Peter

Re: FOP external svg in 3.0

Hungerburg
Am 2017-03-06 um 15:52 schrieb Hungerburg:
> <fo:external-graphic src="url(xmldb:exist:///db/apps/my/CI.svg)"/>
>
> PS: SVG also does not show when placed inline in the FO;
> Yet, Batik is here, even twice:
> /extensions/modules/lib/batik-all-1.7.jar
> /extensions/modules/lib/batik-all-1.8.jar
>
> Hmm

I removed the older 1.7 batik and now it works :)

--
Peter

Re: FOP external svg in 3.0

Dannes Wessels-3
hurray!

On 6 Mar 2017, at 16:16 , Hungerburg <[hidden email]> wrote:

I removed the older 1.7 batik and now it works :)

what works? your original issue?

cheers

Re: FOP external svg in 3.0

Peter Chiochetti
> hurray!
>
>> On 6 Mar 2017, at 16:16 , Hungerburg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I removed the older 1.7 batik and now it works :)
>
> what works? your original issue?

My issue was, that SVG in FO would not show up in rendered PDFs, neither
inline nor external-graphic.

At fault was a stale batik-nn.jar in the extensions

I was bitten by such stale jars once already - seems like the price to
follow development

--
peter