Quantcast

Installing eXist 3 on non-gui Linux

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Installing eXist 3 on non-gui Linux

Espen S. Ore-3
Thank you very much to everyone who has worked and produced version 3!

I have a small problem: how to I install eXist under RHEL6 where I do
not have a GUI-interface? If I try to run the java -jar command, I see a
short flash on the screen, and then the process is killed. Is there any
way to do it? Or can I install eXisr on an Ubuntu-machine where I have
full control and a GUI and then just copy the installation folder to the
RHEL-computer?

Best regards,
Espen

--
Espen S. Ore
University of Oslo


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Installing eXist 3 on non-gui Linux

Hungerburg
Am 2017-02-14 um 10:44 schrieb Espen S. Ore:
> Thank you very much to everyone who has worked and produced version 3!
>
> I have a small problem: how to I install eXist under RHEL6 where I do
> not have a GUI-interface? If I try to run the java -jar command, I see a
> short flash on the screen, and then the process is killed. Is there any
> way to do it? Or can I install eXisr on an Ubuntu-machine where I have
> full control and a GUI and then just copy the installation folder to the
> RHEL-computer?
>

Hello Espen, In the remote shell try to

$ unset DISPLAY

before you run java...

--
Peter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Installing eXist 3 on non-gui Linux

Espen S. Ore-3
Thank you very much! That seems to have worked.

Espen

Den 14. feb. 2017 10:53, skrev Hungerburg:

> Am 2017-02-14 um 10:44 schrieb Espen S. Ore:
>> Thank you very much to everyone who has worked and produced version 3!
>>
>> I have a small problem: how to I install eXist under RHEL6 where I do
>> not have a GUI-interface? If I try to run the java -jar command, I see a
>> short flash on the screen, and then the process is killed. Is there any
>> way to do it? Or can I install eXisr on an Ubuntu-machine where I have
>> full control and a GUI and then just copy the installation folder to the
>> RHEL-computer?
>>
> Hello Espen, In the remote shell try to
>
> $ unset DISPLAY
>
> before you run java...
>

--
Espen S. Ore
Phone Norway: +47 913 907 48
Phone Greece: +30 695 555 0615


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Installing eXist 3 on non-gui Linux

Hungerburg
Am 2017-02-14 um 11:04 schrieb Espen S. Ore:
> Thank you very much! That seems to have worked.

You can also "slogin -x headless.remote.system"
That will disable X11-Forwarding from the start.

Peter

> Den 14. feb. 2017 10:53, skrev Hungerburg:
>> Am 2017-02-14 um 10:44 schrieb Espen S. Ore:
>>> Thank you very much to everyone who has worked and produced version 3!
>>>
>>> I have a small problem: how to I install eXist under RHEL6 where I do
>>> not have a GUI-interface? If I try to run the java -jar command, I see a
>>> short flash on the screen, and then the process is killed. Is there any
>>> way to do it? Or can I install eXisr on an Ubuntu-machine where I have
>>> full control and a GUI and then just copy the installation folder to the
>>> RHEL-computer?
>>>
>> Hello Espen, In the remote shell try to
>>
>> $ unset DISPLAY
>>
>> before you run java...
>>
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Installing eXist 3 on non-gui Linux

Joe Wicentowski
Perhaps these tips should be added to http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/doc/advanced-installation.xml#headless?  Contributions are welcome at https://github.com/eXist-db/documentation.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 5:33 AM Hungerburg <[hidden email]> wrote:
Am 2017-02-14 um 11:04 schrieb Espen S. Ore:
> Thank you very much! That seems to have worked.

You can also "slogin -x headless.remote.system"
That will disable X11-Forwarding from the start.

Peter

> Den 14. feb. 2017 10:53, skrev Hungerburg:
>> Am 2017-02-14 um 10:44 schrieb Espen S. Ore:
>>> Thank you very much to everyone who has worked and produced version 3!
>>>
>>> I have a small problem: how to I install eXist under RHEL6 where I do
>>> not have a GUI-interface? If I try to run the java -jar command, I see a
>>> short flash on the screen, and then the process is killed. Is there any
>>> way to do it? Or can I install eXisr on an Ubuntu-machine where I have
>>> full control and a GUI and then just copy the installation folder to the
>>> RHEL-computer?
>>>
>> Hello Espen, In the remote shell try to
>>
>> $ unset DISPLAY
>>
>> before you run java...
>>
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
--
Sent from my iPhone

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Installing eXist 3 on non-gui Linux

Jonathan Rowell

By the way Joe, while we are at it, the page regarding "Headless installation" is now out of date since the "wrapper" for Windows has changed.


Rather than "tools\wrapper\bin\wrapper.exe --start ..\conf\wrapper.conf"  one should mention that the service name is exist-db and that on the command line "net start exist-db" and "net stop exist-db" ought to be used, which is then independent on how the service was installed.

And as far as Headless Installation is concerned, I wonder if anyone has succeeded in getting eXist completely silently installed without any manual intervention? I found this old message from Efraim Feinstein regarding version 2.0, but when I try to use it it crashes out. It's an XML file containing the details of the installation.


I would really like to be able to set up eXist plus my app in a Windows VM using something like Chocolatey/Puppet

Jonathan





From: Joe Wicentowski <[hidden email]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 12:31 PM
To: Hungerburg; [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Exist-open] Installing eXist 3 on non-gui Linux
 
Perhaps these tips should be added to http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/doc/advanced-installation.xml#headless?  Contributions are welcome at https://github.com/eXist-db/documentation.
github.com
README.md eXist-db / documentation. This is the (official) documentation project for the eXist-db Natice XML database. The documentation is deployed as an XAR file.

exist-db.org
Advanced Installation Methods Introduction. The eXist-db Quick Start document contains basic instructions for installing eXist. This article explains more ...


On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 5:33 AM Hungerburg <[hidden email]> wrote:
Am 2017-02-14 um 11:04 schrieb Espen S. Ore:
> Thank you very much! That seems to have worked.

You can also "slogin -x headless.remote.system"
That will disable X11-Forwarding from the start.

Peter

> Den 14. feb. 2017 10:53, skrev Hungerburg:
>> Am 2017-02-14 um 10:44 schrieb Espen S. Ore:
>>> Thank you very much to everyone who has worked and produced version 3!
>>>
>>> I have a small problem: how to I install eXist under RHEL6 where I do
>>> not have a GUI-interface? If I try to run the java -jar command, I see a
>>> short flash on the screen, and then the process is killed. Is there any
>>> way to do it? Or can I install eXisr on an Ubuntu-machine where I have
>>> full control and a GUI and then just copy the installation folder to the
>>> RHEL-computer?
>>>
>> Hello Espen, In the remote shell try to
>>
>> $ unset DISPLAY
>>
>> before you run java...
>>
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
--
Sent from my iPhone

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Installing eXist 3 on non-gui Linux

aik01
Windows is not my world ;-)
but we are working since two years on three headless servers (Ubuntu  
14.0LTS) with no problems.
we do not use the wrapper machinery.
- login via ssh
- git clone
- behind a firewall you have set proxyport and proxyhost
   not only in build.properties but also in the scripts (apps via eXide)
- set up apache2 for virtualHost:80 and proxiing
- set java memory to available max
- ./build.sh rebuild
- ./bin/startup.sh

that's all

Peter

Quoting Jonathan Rowell <[hidden email]>:

> By the way Joe, while we are at it, the page regarding "Headless  
> installation" is now out of date since the "wrapper" for Windows has  
> changed.
>
>
> Rather than "tools\wrapper\bin\wrapper.exe --start  
> ..\conf\wrapper.conf"  one should mention that the service name is  
> exist-db and that on the command line "net start exist-db" and "net  
> stop exist-db" ought to be used, which is then independent on how  
> the service was installed.
>
> And as far as Headless Installation is concerned, I wonder if anyone  
> has succeeded in getting eXist completely silently installed without  
> any manual intervention? I found this old message from Efraim  
> Feinstein regarding version 2.0, but when I try to use it it crashes  
> out. It's an XML file containing the details of the installation.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/exist/mailman/message/30016406/
>
> I would really like to be able to set up eXist plus my app in a  
> Windows VM using something like Chocolatey/Puppet
>
> Jonathan
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Joe Wicentowski <[hidden email]>
> Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 12:31 PM
> To: Hungerburg; [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Exist-open] Installing eXist 3 on non-gui Linux
>
> Perhaps these tips should be added to  
> http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/doc/advanced-installation.xml#headless?  
> Contributions are welcome at  
> https://github.com/eXist-db/documentation.
> [https://avatars3.githubusercontent.com/u/2393489?v=3&s=400]<https://github.com/eXist-db/documentation>
>
> GitHub - eXist-db/documentation: Documentation of  
> eXist<https://github.com/eXist-db/documentation>
> github.com
> README.md eXist-db / documentation. This is the (official)  
> documentation project for the eXist-db Natice XML database. The  
> documentation is deployed as an XAR file.
>
>
> eXist-db Documentation - Advanced Installation  
> Methods<http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/doc/advanced-installation.xml#headless>
> exist-db.org
> Advanced Installation Methods Introduction. The eXist-db Quick Start  
> document contains basic instructions for installing eXist. This  
> article explains more ...
>
>
>
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 5:33 AM Hungerburg  
> <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> Am 2017-02-14 um 11:04 schrieb Espen S. Ore:
>> Thank you very much! That seems to have worked.
>
> You can also "slogin -x headless.remote.system"
> That will disable X11-Forwarding from the start.
>
> Peter
>
>> Den 14. feb. 2017 10:53, skrev Hungerburg:
>>> Am 2017-02-14 um 10:44 schrieb Espen S. Ore:
>>>> Thank you very much to everyone who has worked and produced version 3!
>>>>
>>>> I have a small problem: how to I install eXist under RHEL6 where I do
>>>> not have a GUI-interface? If I try to run the java -jar command, I see a
>>>> short flash on the screen, and then the process is killed. Is there any
>>>> way to do it? Or can I install eXisr on an Ubuntu-machine where I have
>>>> full control and a GUI and then just copy the installation folder to the
>>>> RHEL-computer?
>>>>
>>> Hello Espen, In the remote shell try to
>>>
>>> $ unset DISPLAY
>>>
>>> before you run java...
>>>
>>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Exist-open mailing list
> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
> --
> Sent from my iPhone




------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Installing eXist 3 on non-gui Linux

Dannes Wessels-3
On 15 Feb 2017, at 11:23 , [hidden email] wrote:

- ./build.sh rebuild
- ./bin/startup.sh

that's all

how do you make sure that

- eXist-db restarts at reboot?
- eXist-db gracefully shutdown ar shutdown/reboot?

regards

Dannes


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Installing eXist 3 on non-gui Linux

Grant MacKenzie
In reply to this post by Espen S. Ore-3
>> And as far as Headless Installation is concerned, I wonder if anyone
>> has succeeded in getting eXist completely silently installed without
>> any manual intervention

I reverted to a working build I my auto nginx/eXist install script and
altered a failing phridge test and bingo the build succeeds in
building the latest eXist ver

https://travis-ci.org/grantmacken/nginx-exist

The Travis ci builds on Ubuntu trusty
- downloads latest src files for nginx
- downloads latest install jar for eXist
- installs nginx as a reverse proxy for eXist
- creates and uses an expect script to install eXist
in addition
- creates a dns bypass for example.com
-  installs example.com app from my repo
-  runs simple tests to see if OK

The Makefile has other targets
 - for setting up nginx exist as systemd services
 - for setting up webdav on local dev machine

the build on travis takes about 2.5 minutes

It should provide some indication on how to automate an eXist install
on any linux os.
You could clone and use to test a WIP eXist app located in another
repo  ( like example.com )
Should be easy to dockerize also

I no longer use this, as I am now
-  using openresty in front of eXist
-  experimenting with Progressive Web Apps so using TLS letencrypt
certs and not sure about certs and travis

WIP:  https://github.com/grantmacken/openresty-existdb


On 16 February 2017 at 10:29,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Send Exist-open mailing list submissions to
>         [hidden email]
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>         https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>         [hidden email]
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>         [hidden email]
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Exist-open digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: Installing eXist 3 on non-gui Linux ([hidden email])
>    2. Re: eXist on Windows should not force you to provide elevated
>       rights (Wolfgang Meier)
>    3. Re: Installing eXist 3 on non-gui Linux (Dannes Wessels)
>    4. Re: Exist-db 30RC2 exist-webapp-context / is broken
>       (Alexander Henket)
>    5. eXist-db 3.0: tools/wrapper/bin/exist.sh no longer        there?
>       (maarten ligtvoet)
>    6. Re: eXist-db 3.0: tools/wrapper/bin/exist.sh no longer there?
>       (Dannes Wessels)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 11:23:20 +0100
> From: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Exist-open] Installing eXist 3 on non-gui Linux
> To: [hidden email]
> Message-ID:
>         <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed; DelSp=Yes
>
> Windows is not my world ;-)
> but we are working since two years on three headless servers (Ubuntu
> 14.0LTS) with no problems.
> we do not use the wrapper machinery.
> - login via ssh
> - git clone
> - behind a firewall you have set proxyport and proxyhost
>    not only in build.properties but also in the scripts (apps via eXide)
> - set up apache2 for virtualHost:80 and proxiing
> - set java memory to available max
> - ./build.sh rebuild
> - ./bin/startup.sh
>
> that's all
>
> Peter
>
> Quoting Jonathan Rowell <[hidden email]>:
>
>> By the way Joe, while we are at it, the page regarding "Headless
>> installation" is now out of date since the "wrapper" for Windows has
>> changed.
>>
>>
>> Rather than "tools\wrapper\bin\wrapper.exe --start
>> ..\conf\wrapper.conf"  one should mention that the service name is
>> exist-db and that on the command line "net start exist-db" and "net
>> stop exist-db" ought to be used, which is then independent on how
>> the service was installed.
>>
>> And as far as Headless Installation is concerned, I wonder if anyone
>> has succeeded in getting eXist completely silently installed without
>> any manual intervention? I found this old message from Efraim
>> Feinstein regarding version 2.0, but when I try to use it it crashes
>> out. It's an XML file containing the details of the installation.
>>
>> https://sourceforge.net/p/exist/mailman/message/30016406/
>>
>> I would really like to be able to set up eXist plus my app in a
>> Windows VM using something like Chocolatey/Puppet
>>
>> Jonathan
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ________________________________
>> From: Joe Wicentowski <[hidden email]>
>> Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 12:31 PM
>> To: Hungerburg; [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: [Exist-open] Installing eXist 3 on non-gui Linux
>>
>> Perhaps these tips should be added to
>> http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/doc/advanced-installation.xml#headless?
>> Contributions are welcome at
>> https://github.com/eXist-db/documentation.
>> [https://avatars3.githubusercontent.com/u/2393489?v=3&s=400]<https://github.com/eXist-db/documentation>
>>
>> GitHub - eXist-db/documentation: Documentation of
>> eXist<https://github.com/eXist-db/documentation>
>> github.com
>> README.md eXist-db / documentation. This is the (official)
>> documentation project for the eXist-db Natice XML database. The
>> documentation is deployed as an XAR file.
>>
>>
>> eXist-db Documentation - Advanced Installation
>> Methods<http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/doc/advanced-installation.xml#headless>
>> exist-db.org
>> Advanced Installation Methods Introduction. The eXist-db Quick Start
>> document contains basic instructions for installing eXist. This
>> article explains more ...
>>
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 5:33 AM Hungerburg
>> <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>> Am 2017-02-14 um 11:04 schrieb Espen S. Ore:
>>> Thank you very much! That seems to have worked.
>>
>> You can also "slogin -x headless.remote.system"
>> That will disable X11-Forwarding from the start.
>>
>> Peter
>>
>>> Den 14. feb. 2017 10:53, skrev Hungerburg:
>>>> Am 2017-02-14 um 10:44 schrieb Espen S. Ore:
>>>>> Thank you very much to everyone who has worked and produced version 3!
>>>>>
>>>>> I have a small problem: how to I install eXist under RHEL6 where I do
>>>>> not have a GUI-interface? If I try to run the java -jar command, I see a
>>>>> short flash on the screen, and then the process is killed. Is there any
>>>>> way to do it? Or can I install eXisr on an Ubuntu-machine where I have
>>>>> full control and a GUI and then just copy the installation folder to the
>>>>> RHEL-computer?
>>>>>
>>>> Hello Espen, In the remote shell try to
>>>>
>>>> $ unset DISPLAY
>>>>
>>>> before you run java...
>>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
>> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
>> _______________________________________________
>> Exist-open mailing list
>> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
>> --
>> Sent from my iPhone
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 12:08:24 +0100
> From: Wolfgang Meier <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Exist-open] eXist on Windows should not force you to
>         provide elevated rights
> To: Omar Siam <[hidden email]>
> Cc: [hidden email]
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>
>> Are there any plans to make it possible in the future to run eXist-db
>> again as any Windows user in a restricted environment?
>
> The launcher should set a flag after having asked once if eXist-db should be installed as service and not require process elevation anymore if you answered "no". Only problem is that in order to query the service status the launcher already needs to run elevated and I could not yet find a good solution for this.
>
> Wolfgang
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 19:43:00 +0100
> From: Dannes Wessels <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Exist-open] Installing eXist 3 on non-gui Linux
> To: [hidden email]
> Cc: [hidden email]
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> On 15 Feb 2017, at 11:23 , [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>> - ./build.sh rebuild
>> - ./bin/startup.sh
>>
>> that's all
>
> how do you make sure that
>
> - eXist-db restarts at reboot?
> - eXist-db gracefully shutdown ar shutdown/reboot?
>
> regards
>
> Dannes
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 20:01:54 +0100
> From: Alexander Henket <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Exist-open] Exist-db 30RC2 exist-webapp-context / is
>         broken
> To: Dannes Wessels <[hidden email]>
> Cc: exist-open <[hidden email]>
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>
> Hi Dannes,
>
> The config file is not mine, is is from eXist-db itself. I just used it as per the instruction inside. It might be that this no longer works, and the instruction is outdated, but I'm sure that was an unintentional change then.
>
> Note that this problem made it into the final release as well.
>
> Regards
>
> Alexander Henket
>
>
>> Op 21 dec. 2016, om 23:09 heeft Dannes Wessels <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>>
>> We have migrated to a different version of jetty; are you sure your construct should work for our 9.x version?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Dannes
>>
>> --
>> www.exist-db.org
>>
>>> On 20 Dec 2016, at 07:43, Alexander Henket <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I went looking for the issues feature in github to file this, but could not find it. exist.log below my name.
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 22:03:28 +0100
> From: maarten ligtvoet <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Exist-open] eXist-db 3.0: tools/wrapper/bin/exist.sh no
>         longer  there?
> To: [hidden email]
> Message-ID:
>         <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Hi,
>
> I installed eXist from the jar at this source:
> https://bintray.com/existdb/releases/exist/3.0
> eXist-db-setup-3.0-acd0c14.jar
>
> I'm used to starting eXist with tools/wrapper/bin/exist.sh
> As per this documentation:
> http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/doc/advanced-installation.xml#linux
>
> Is that deprecated and should I start eXist-db 3.0 differently on Linux
> servers?
>
> Regards,
> Maarten Ligtvoet
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 22:28:54 +0100
> From: Dannes Wessels <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Exist-open] eXist-db 3.0: tools/wrapper/bin/exist.sh no
>         longer there?
> To: maarten ligtvoet <[hidden email]>
> Cc: [hidden email]
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Hi,
>
>> On 15 Feb 2017, at 22:03 , maarten ligtvoet <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I installed eXist from the jar at this source:
>> https://bintray.com/existdb/releases/exist/3.0 <https://bintray.com/existdb/releases/exist/3.0>
>> eXist-db-setup-3.0-acd0c14.jar
>>
>> I'm used to starting eXist with tools/wrapper/bin/exist.sh
>> As per this documentation:
>> http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/doc/advanced-installation.xml#linux <http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/doc/advanced-installation.xml#linux>
>>
>> Is that deprecated and should I start eXist-db 3.0 differently on Linux servers?
>
> I think we need to upload some already updated documentation. A new wrapper is now in tools/yajsw/:
>
> - installDaemon.sh
> installDaemonNoPriv.sh
> queryDaemon.sh
> queryDaemonNoPriv.sh
> - runConsole.sh  ?> handy for testing
> setenv.sh
> - startDaemon.sh
> startDaemonNoPriv.sh
> - stopDaemon.sh
> stopDaemonNoPriv.sh
> - uninstallDaemon.sh
> uninstallDaemonNoPriv.sh
>
> I marked the important scripts, the names should be self explanatory .
>
>
> regards
>
> Dannes
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>
> ------------------------------
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Exist-open mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
>
>
> End of Exist-open Digest, Vol 130, Issue 38
> *******************************************



--
Take Care
Grant Mackenzie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
Loading...