Is it possbile to retrieve binary files from eXist through Cocoon?

Is it possbile to retrieve binary files from eXist through Cocoon?

Jonas Lundberg
Hi,
I have stored a number of jpeg images in eXist.
Now, I would like to retrieve them. Do you know how to do that from Cocoon?
The <map:read> sitemap function does not seem to work with eXist.

Best regards
Hans

Re: Is it possbile to retrieve binary files from eXist through Cocoon?

I don't think <map:read> can read from an xmldb source, but I'm not
sure. However, you should be able to retrieve the jpeg directly from
the rest servlet, e.g. with an url like
http://localhost:8080/exist/servlet/db/pic.jpg.

Wolfgang

On 9/6/05, Jonas Lundberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I have stored a number of jpeg images in eXist.
>  Now, I would like to retrieve them. Do you know how to do that from Cocoon?
>  The <map:read> sitemap function does not seem to work with eXist.
>
>  Best regards
>  Hans

Re: Is it possbile to retrieve binary files from eXist through Cocoon?

Jonas Lundberg
Thanks. I also found out that web dav access works:
<map:match pattern="inline/**.jpg">
<map:read type="image" src="<a href="http://guest:guest@localhost:8080/cocoon/webdav/db/contents/jpeg/{1}.jpg">http://guest:guest@localhost:8080/cocoon/webdav/db/contents/jpeg/{1}.jpg" mime-type="text/jpg "/>
</map:match>

Hi,