Quantcast

Linux | YAJSW | eXist 3.1.1 process still running after shutdown

Linux | YAJSW | eXist 3.1.1 process still running after shutdown

mountainbiker
I am experiencing cases during a stop of the YAJSW service that the eXist process is still running.  Is it possible to provide a setting to wrapper.conf (or the YAJSW service) to have it forcefully terminate the process (instead of having to go do a kill on the process)?  (I have a number of slaves/replica sets, so I can suffer the killed eXist instance doing a cleanup/reindex.)

Re: Linux | YAJSW | eXist 3.1.1 process still running after shutdown

Dannes Wessels-3
Which Linux distribution are you running? Name plus version please  as there are quite some flavors doing the startup/shutdown management in a different way (grrrr, brilliant)

Regards

www.exist-db.org

> On 2 May 2017, at 17:29, mountainbiker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am experiencing cases during a stop of the YAJSW service that the eXist
> process is still running.

Re: Linux | YAJSW | eXist 3.1.1 process still running after shutdown

mountainbiker
Hi Dannes.  We are running CentOS 6.8.

Re: Linux | YAJSW | eXist 3.1.1 process still running after shutdown

Dominique Rabeuf
Yet another problem with YAJSW ?
May be similar to the bug on Windows 10 ?
OS type and version not well recognized ?

We have added some code to the shell script to verify the service is stopped.  If not then hit it with a kill -15 then finally a kill -9.

Re: Linux | YAJSW | eXist 3.1.1 process still running after shutdown

mountainbiker
@Dannes -  did out Linux version offer any additional insight?

Dannes Wessels-3 wrote