Quantcast

More admin problems, also java admin app 3.1 vs 3.0

More admin problems, also java admin app 3.1 vs 3.0

Espen S. Ore-3
As I wrote yesterday, I cannot get to the dashboard. If I start out by going to the server, either 3.0 or 3.1 I get the first splash-screen and then the HTTP 500 error appears for both. The error message is:

---

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /exist/apps/dashboard/. Reason:

    Server Error

Caused by:

javax.servlet.ServletException: An error occurred while processing request to /exist/apps/dashboard/: exerr:ERROR org.exist.xquery.XPathException: err:XPST0003 expecting =, found 'path' [at line 12, column 29]

---

But the other problem is that the java admin works and doesn't: while the Dashboard was still available I have downloaded the java admin for the 3.0 version and for the 3.1 version. The one for 3.0 works, the one for 3.1 does not. But if I open the 3.0 java admin and change the port number in the URL-box from the one for the 3.0 to the one for the 3.1, then tyhis java admin works for 3.1.

There is one important problem here though: the 3.0 java admin will not start up unless the eXist-db 3.0 server is up and running - so it looks as if I need to have both versions running (3.0 and 3.1) until someone can produce a java admin for 3.1 that works.

Best wishes,
Espen Ore
University of Oslo
--
Espen S. Ore
Phone Norway: +47 913 907 48

Re: More admin problems, also java admin app 3.1 vs 3.0

Alister Pillow-3
Dear Espen,

What other clues can you provide?

- Are you using an existing data directory - or are these both separate, clean installs?
- Which OS?
- where is the eXist-db application installed?
- java -version?
- Any other configuration changes post-install?
- Which browser do you use to access the dashboard?

Interesting - line 12 of the dashboard controller is ...
declare variable $exist:path external;
I wonder what that means?

On 21 Mar 2017, at 7:11 pm, Espen S. Ore <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi,

As I wrote yesterday regarding the dashoboard: I have tried to connect with Chrome and Firefox from Windows 7 and Ubuntu 16.10.

The 3.0 and 3.1 eXist-db-installations are clean installations on RHEL 6.8. Thisis not soemthi g it is up to me to change, it is a given from the IT-dept. at the Univ. of Oslo. The same goes to a certain degree for the java version the server is running under: Oracle-java 1.8.0_121-b31

The 3.0 is using port 8086, the 3.1 port 8088. No changes in setup except for the port settings.

I have also tried the default 8080 for the 3.1 with noe different results, but the Univ's default Selinux-setup makes it preferable to use 8088.

Espen