Moving the Template .html Files

Michael Joyce-2
Hello everybody.

I have an eXist 2.2 (I know, we haven't had time to upgrade yet) app
that I put together following the tutorial here:

http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/doc/development-starter.xml

It uses the normal eXist template system. But now we have too many
.html template files, and I'd like to move them into their own
subdirectory, without changing the URLs that access those pages.

I've looked in controller.xql, templates/page.html, and even in the
$shared/templating module to try to figure out how to configure eXist
to use pages/search.html to respond to search.html. I can move
search.html to the pages collection, but then the URL changes to
pages/search.html, which I don't want.

Is this possible or supported in eXist?

Thanks,

Michael

Re: Moving the Template .html Files

Mathias Göbel

You can have a look on this controller.xql https://gitlab.gwdg.de/kolimo/exist-app/blob/master/controller.xql where all the *.html are moved to the template collection, but you are free to change this to any collection you want.

hope this helps,
mathias

On 24.05.2017 21:39, Michael Joyce wrote:
Hello everybody.

I have an eXist 2.2 (I know, we haven't had time to upgrade yet) app
that I put together following the tutorial here:

http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/doc/development-starter.xml

It uses the normal eXist template system. But now we have too many
.html template files, and I'd like to move them into their own
subdirectory, without changing the URLs that access those pages.

I've looked in controller.xql, templates/page.html, and even in the
$shared/templating module to try to figure out how to configure eXist
to use pages/search.html to respond to search.html. I can move
search.html to the pages collection, but then the URL changes to
pages/search.html, which I don't want.

Is this possible or supported in eXist?

Thanks,

Michael

Mathias Göbel
Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
Niedersächsische Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Göttingen
D-37070 Göttingen

Abteilung Forschung & Entwicklung
Papendiek 14 (hist. Gebäude, Raum 2.408)
+49 551 39-20184 (Tel.)
+49 551 39-33856 (Fax.)

Abteilung Digitale Bibliothek
Gruppe Software- und Service-Entwicklung
Platz der Göttinger Sieben 1 (Zentralbibliothek, Raum 2.129)
+49 551 39-10230 (Tel.)

[hidden email]
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de