Quantcast

New public repository URL

Claudius Teodorescu
Hi,

It is possible to register with eXist a new repository URL (besides eXists' one), and use it to install apps from there?

Thanks,
Claudius

Re: New public repository URL

Dmitriy Shabanov
Personally think that better to use git repo for that, others?

--
Dmitriy Shabanov

Re: New public repository URL

Hi Claudius,
> It is possible to register with eXist a new repository URL (besides eXists'
> one), and use it to install apps from there?

Change the repo default location in /db/apps/dashboard/configuration.xml.

Re: New public repository URL

Claudius Teodorescu
I meant about my own repo, for instance, for friends or for customers.

No matter where it is, I just need to make eXist aware of it.

Claudius

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Dmitriy Shabanov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Personally think that better to use git repo for that, others?

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Claudius Teodorescu <[hidden email]> wrote:

It is possible to register with eXist a new repository URL (besides eXists'
one), and use it to install apps from there?

--
Dmitriy Shabanov

Re: New public repository URL

Claudius Teodorescu
Great, thanks,

Can this be made 'dynamically' from dashboard?

Claudius

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Wolfgang Meier <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Claudius,
> It is possible to register with eXist a new repository URL (besides eXists'
> one), and use it to install apps from there?

Change the repo default location in /db/apps/dashboard/configuration.xml.

Re: New public repository URL

> Can this be made 'dynamically' from dashboard?

The idea was to allow the user to edit the repository URL (or select from several repositories) by clicking on the wheel icon below the eXistdb logo, but this has not been implemented yet. It should not be a big deal to add though given that switching repositories does work already.

Re: New public repository URL

Claudius Teodorescu
EXACTLY, Wolfgang. :)

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Wolfgang Meier <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Can this be made 'dynamically' from dashboard?

The idea was to allow the user to edit the repository URL (or select from several repositories) by clicking on the wheel icon below the eXistdb logo, but this has not been implemented yet. It should not be a big deal to add though given that switching repositories does work already.

Re: New public repository URL

Claudius Teodorescu
Hi,

I am packing now the EXPath crypto xars as follows: instead of two xars, namely one for jars, and one for unit tests, I do have two xars, namely one for general jar (available also for a Saxon implementation, for instance), and one for eXist implementation and unit tests.

My question is that while it is normal to have the eXist related xar in an eXist repo, I want to store the xar containing the general jar in my own store, thus the eXist related xar would have a dependency to a xar that is located in another repo.

How can this be addressed? Is there any place to declare repos to be scanned by the installer (like in maven)?

Thanks,
Claudius

Re: New public repository URL

Wolfgang Meier-2
> How can this be addressed? Is there any place to declare repos to be scanned
> by the installer (like in maven)?

It's not implemented, but there is some basic abstraction which could be extended. The deployment functions rely on an interface, src/org/exist/repo/PackageLoader.java. The XQuery module, extensions/modules/src/org/exist/xquery/modules/expathrepo/Deploy.java, implements the interface to look up packages in eXist's public repo.

We could make this more configurable and add alternative implementations of the interface. I won't have much time to code it myself during the next weeks (have to concentrate on core issues), but I'm happy to discuss details in a chat if you are interested ;-)