Package Manager in Dashboard, removed packages back after restarting exist

Package Manager in Dashboard, removed packages back after restarting exist

cobalt
Hi, I got exist version 3.0.RC1, build 20150707
running on an ubuntu server.
I removed all unused packages in the Dashboard -> Package Manager. When I Ctrl+reload the dashboard the removed packages are gone.
But after restarting the exist-db on the server, all the removed packages are back again.

Please advice how I can remove the unused packages permanently.

Thanks for any help!

Urs

Re: Package Manager in Dashboard, removed packages back after restarting exist

On 3 Apr 2017, at 17:54 , cobalt <[hidden email]> wrote:

Please advice how I can remove the unused packages permanently.

is it possible to update to v3.1.1 ? your version is from mid 2015… a lot has improved, including package management.

regards

Re: Package Manager in Dashboard, removed packages back after restarting exist

cobalt
Thanks Dannes, I guess I just have to bite the bullet. It's a big database and it takes hours to restore a full backup into the new install.
Would it work if I just copy the data folder into the new install, I never tried that?

Regards
Urs

cobalt
I checked in the autodeploy folder and the XAR files of the packages I removed in package manage are still in there. Can I just delete them?

Re: Package Manager in Dashboard, removed packages back after restarting exist

Joe Wicentowski
Hi Cobalt,

> I checked in the autodeploy folder and the XAR files of the packages I
> removed in package manage are still in there. Can I just delete them?

Sure.  And actually, I was mistaken in my earlier statement.  Adam was
right. If an app is uninstalled, it will be reinstalled upon next
start up if it is in the autodeploy directory -- unless you set a
system property, exist.autodeploy=off.  (I just spotted this in the
source: https://github.com/eXist-db/exist/blob/develop/src/org/exist/repo/AutoDeploymentTrigger.java.)

So yes, to prevent an app from being auto-deployed, you can remove it
from the autodeploy directory, or set the property to prevent any apps
in that directory from being installed.

Re: Package Manager in Dashboard, removed packages back after restarting exist

cobalt
Thanks Joe! I checked in the EXIST/conf.xml file and found the following node:

      <trigger class="org.exist.repo.AutoDeploymentTrigger"/>

I guess if I comment this trigger out it should also stop the reloading of packages, would that be save?

Re: Package Manager in Dashboard, removed packages back after restarting exist

Adam Retter
> Thanks Joe! I checked in the EXIST/conf.xml file and found the following
> node:
>

>       <trigger class="org.exist.repo.AutoDeploymentTrigger"/>
>
> I guess if I comment this trigger out it should also stop the reloading of
> packages, would that be save?

Sure. Changes to conf.xml take affect when eXist is next started.