Pass reference to object to xslt?

Doug Black
Pass reference to object to xslt?

Is there a way to pass a reference to a java object from an xquery file with the transform:transform function to an xslt stylesheet? Using the <parameters> and <param> elements I'm apparently only able to pass the string value of an object. Alternatively, revealing my java ignorance, is there a way to reference an object with its string value? Or also, alternatively for the situation, is there a way to get the ServletContext from an xslt stylesheet?

Thanks,

Doug

Doug Black
West Rock Visions
755 Prospect St. #205
New Haven, CT 06511
Mobile and Office: 203-676-5228
Home: 203-389-0184

Re: Pass reference to object to xslt?

> Is there a way to pass a reference to a java object from an xquery file with
> the transform:transform function to an xslt stylesheet? Using the
> <parameters> and <param> elements I'm apparently only able to pass the
> string value of an object. Alternatively, revealing my java ignorance, is
> there a way to reference an object with its string value? Or also,
> alternatively for the situation, is there a way to get the ServletContext
> from an xslt stylesheet?

Currently, there's no possibility to pass a Java object into the
stylesheet, and I'm not sure how this could be done. The Java
interfaces allow passing an arbitrary object, but how would you use
such an object from within the stylesheet? Well, if somebody has an
idea how the transform function could be rewritten... Suggestions are
welcome.

Re: Pass reference to object to xslt?

Adam Retter-7
I use a Java function of a java object in my XSLT that is processed
through transform:transform(), I realise this is not passing an object
to the XSLT through transform() but it may be useful to know?!?

My XSLT template looks like -

<xsl:template xmlns:encoder="xalan://java.net.URLEncoder" match="/page">

Thanks Adam.