Problem Validating schema and dtd

LE SAUX Louis-Marie RD-ILAB-LON
Problem Validating schema and dtd

Hello,

I currently experience troubles with the validateResource() function, used through the XML:BD:API (using eXist-snapshot-20050805).

I'm validating a document against using a schema (stored in the database), itself using dtds (stored in the eXist folder directly, without additional configuration done).

The "validate" command used on the resource using the eXist client succesfully validate the document, whereas the validateResource() used in my java application keeps returning me a validation error.

Any ideas or suggestion concerning this issue ?

Regards

Louis-Marie

Re: Problem Validating schema and dtd

> I'm validating a document against using a schema (stored in the database),
> itself using dtds (stored in the eXist folder directly, without additional
> configuration done).
>
> The "validate" command used on the resource using the eXist client
> succesfully validate the document, whereas the validateResource() used in my
> java application keeps returning me a validation error.

It probably makes a difference if you connect to a remote or local db.
I don't know the implementation very well (I didn't write it), but it
looks like the final validation step is always done on the client
side. So if your schema imports external resources, those might be
resolved relatively to the server, not the client.

However, this is just a guess. We plan to rewrite the service now that
jaxp and xerces offer better schema support. The current
implementation has not been maintained or improved for a while.

Wolfgang