Problem deploying web app

Peter Stadler
Dear all,

I just upgraded my eXist instance via git and did a `build.sh rebuild`.
All went fine, but now I’m having problems installing my web app [1]. The deployment process simply hangs, whether I upload via browser or try via autodeploy.
I updated from commit 72b4bc7d3112593df2d508ca563ad23a31189c3e (February 1st) and I can confirm that going back to this commit indeed fixes the issue for me.

Any help appreciated!
Best
Peter

My system:
OS X 10.11.4
eXist develop branch at 5d6fc97102e27f5404f22ddf3e90e41b4310ae02

[1] https://github.com/Edirom/WeGA-WebApp/releases/download/v2.0.0/WeGA-WebApp-2.0.0.xar

--
Peter Stadler
Carl-Maria-von-Weber-Gesamtausgabe
stadler at weber-gesamtausgabe.de
www.weber-gesamtausgabe.de

Re: Problem deploying web app

Wolfgang Meier-2
> All went fine, but now I’m having problems installing my web app [1]. The deployment process simply hangs, whether I upload via browser or try via autodeploy.
> I updated from commit 72b4bc7d3112593df2d508ca563ad23a31189c3e (February 1st) and I can confirm that going back to this commit indeed fixes the issue for me.

I can see an endless loop in the thread dump (the first lines are repeated over and over again):

at org.exist.extensions.exquery.restxq.impl.ExistXqueryRegistry.findServices(ExistXqueryRegistry.java:239)
at org.exist.extensions.exquery.restxq.impl.ExistXqueryRegistry.reexamineModulesWithResolvedDependencies(ExistXqueryRegistry.java:320)
at org.exist.extensions.exquery.restxq.impl.ExistXqueryRegistry.findServices(ExistXqueryRegistry.java:239)
at org.exist.extensions.exquery.restxq.impl.ExistXqueryRegistry.reexamineModulesWithResolvedDependencies(ExistXqueryRegistry.java:320)
at org.exist.extensions.exquery.restxq.impl.ExistXqueryRegistry.findServices(ExistXqueryRegistry.java:239)
at org.exist.extensions.exquery.restxq.impl.RestXqTrigger.after(RestXqTrigger.java:113)
at org.exist.extensions.exquery.restxq.impl.RestXqTrigger.afterCreateDocument(RestXqTrigger.java:51)
at org.exist.collections.triggers.DocumentTriggers.afterCreateDocument(DocumentTriggers.java:236)
at org.exist.collections.Collection.addBinaryResource(Collection.java:1955)
at org.exist.collections.Collection.addBinaryResource(Collection.java:1865)
at org.exist.collections.Collection.addBinaryResource(Collection.java:1858)
at org.exist.repo.Deployment.storeFiles(Deployment.java:771)

Workaround: comment out the restxq trigger in EXIST_HOME/collection.xconf.init and /db/system/config/db/collection.xconf. As far as I can see your app is not using it.

Could you file a bug report on github?

Re: Problem deploying web app

Peter Stadler
Wolfgang,