Re: Switching to read-only mode!!! (Adam Retter)

Re: Switching to read-only mode!!! (Adam Retter)

Grant MacKenzie
>    1. Re: Switching to read-only mode!!! (Adam Retter)
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 09:30:27 -0400
> From: Adam Retter <[hidden email]>
> To: nsincaglia <[hidden email]>
> Cc: "[hidden email]"
>         <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Exist-open] Switching to read-only mode!!!
>
> Would anyone be interested in volunteering to add a PR to the documentation
> repo to mention this?

Modern HTTP clients that use HTTP 1.1 and HTTP 2, by default connect
using persistent keep-alive connections. If you have to send a
Connection Close header to make the Expath Http-Client work, I would
think that this is a bug.

> On 20 June 2017 at 11:46, nsincaglia <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I just wanted to report back on this issue. We added the Connection: Close
>> header to all of our Expath Http-Client requests and after monitoring it
>> for
>> several days now, it appears to have corrected the issue, which we are very
>> happy about. Thanks for the suggestion!!!
>>
>> What I find puzzling is why this is not documented anywhere. I looked
>> through the EXPath HTTP-Client Module documentation and I don't see any
>> references at all to the Connection:Close header.
>>
>> I am also trying to understand why the default is to keep the connection
>> open.
>How would one even use a previous http request in XQuery? There is no
>> handle or reference one can use, I don't think. I am wondering why the
>> default is to not close the connection?
>>
>> Does anyone have any insights on this?
>>
>> Nick

Take Care