Re: Webdav locking

chcornwell
Carl Cornwell <ccornwell <at> aquilent.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> > I have been doing some work in updating the jEdit DAV plugin to get it to
> > work with eXist.
> >
> > I have it working reasonably well, but I have had to disable locking as my
> > version of eXist doesn't support locking under Webdav.
> >
> > What is the plans concerning Webdav locking in eXist?
>
> I already started to write the lock method weeks ago, but did not finish it. I
> will try to do that within the next days. Basically, what is missing is a
> method to generate lock tokens (UUID). We also have to change DocumentImpl to
> save the lock token instead of just the user-id. I planned to support
> exclusive locks first. Not sure if we need shared locks.
>
> Wolfgang

Hello,

What is the status of this effort? If not yet done, could you use some
help to complete it? We are writing some extensions to an open source
XML modeling tool that requires a WebDAV Class 2 compliant server. It
seems it would be more productive to bring eXist up to Class 2 rather
than trying to make the XML tool work with Class 1.

Carl

Re: Re: Webdav locking

> What is the status of this effort? If not yet done, could you use some
> help to complete it? We are writing some extensions to an open source
> XML modeling tool that requires a WebDAV Class 2 compliant server. It
> seems it would be more productive to bring eXist up to Class 2 rather
> than trying to make the XML tool work with Class 1.

I made no progress on this issue, so WebDAV locking is still on the
todo list. Any help will be welcome for sure.