Quantcast

Re: XSL Translation

Jean-Marc Vanel-3
Phillip B Oldham wrote:

> I've been poking through the source, to better understand the innards
> of eXist. I can't seem to find, however, any classes for XSL
> Translation. There's one for XQuery, one for XPath... but not XSL. Can
> anyone give me an overview of how XSL is applied when requesting files?

If you're looking for the XQuery function , it's in :
eXist-1.0/src/org/exist/xquery/functions/transform

--
Jean-Marc Vanel 01 39 43 31 46
Conseil et Services / développement & intégration logiciels

Mes journaux:
- sujets généraux en Français: http://jmvanel.free.fr/Block-note.html
- sujets informatiques en Français: http://jmvanel.free.fr/notes-informatiques.html
- computer science diary : http://jmvanel.free.fr/computer-notes.html

Worldwide Botanical Knowledge Base
http://wwbota.free.fr/
test XML query engine: http://jmvanel.free.fr/protea.html

Re: XSL Translation

Wolfgang Meier-2
> I've been poking through the source, to better understand the innards of
> eXist. I can't seem to find, however, any classes for XSL Translation.
> There's one for XQuery, one for XPath... but not XSL. Can anyone give me
> an overview of how XSL is applied when requesting files?

eXist doesn't implement its own XSL engine (that would certainly be possible,
but we already have enough problems to make our XQuery and XPath engines
standards compliant ;-). Instead, eXist uses the XSL processor supplied by
Java and just takes care to cache stylesheets etc. Where this is done depends
on the interface you use: Jean-Marc already mentioned the transform:transform
function, which supports caching. If you just apply an XSL to a document via
the REST service, the XSL is compiled on-the-fly and applied by class
org.exist.storage.serializers.Serializer, method setStylesheet(). No caching
takes place here.

In the future, both implementations should be merged into a common base, so
they can both benefit from caching etc.

Re: XSL Translation

Dannes Wessels
Hi,

On 9/15/05, Wolfgang Meier <[hidden email]> wrote:
Instead, eXist uses the XSL processor supplied by Java and just takes care to cache stylesheets etc

don't we use Apache's Xalan ?

regards

# Dannes Wessels # The Netherlands #
# Jabber / ICQ / MSN / AIM / Yahoo / google.com/talk #