Re: admin and function library pages not working ine xistwebapplicati on

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: admin and function library pages not working ine xistwebapplicati on

Adam Retter-7
Wolfgang sorted this one, after a quick chat with him on  IRC, just
posting the response for completeness and anyone else who may in future
have the same problem -

Seems my users.xml file had become corrupted somehow. So the guest
password was not what it should have been.

To fix -

In the Admin Client, open the file /db/system/users.xml, find the entry
for the guest user, make sure the password attribute has this value -
"e55d929cdbc8d5a7ce3bda044bc69f59" then save and close the file.

Should all work again.




On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 16:48 +0100, Adam Retter wrote:

> Okay,
>
> I built eXist from CVS this morning.
>
> I have had these problems for a while, but have only just got round
> to
> reporting it -
>
> If I click the "Function Library" link in the exist webapplication
> (http://localhost:8080/exist) I get the following error -
>
> An Error Occurred
> invalid password for user guest
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: XMLDBException occurred:
> invalid
> password for user guest: org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: invalid
> password for user guest
>
> cause: org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: invalid password for user
> guest
>
> full exception chain stacktrace[show]
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: XMLDBException occurred:
> invalid
> password for user guest: org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: invalid
> password
> for user guest
>         at
> org.exist.cocoon.XQueryGenerator.generate(XQueryGenerator.java:308)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.processXMLP

> ipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:575)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline

> .processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:183)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(Abs

> tractProcessingPipeline.java:483)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(Seri

> alizeNode.java:120)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo

> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:46)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invok

> e(PreparableMatchNode.java:130)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo

> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:68)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Pipel

> ineNode.java:138)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo

> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:68)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(Pipe

> linesNode.java:92)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(Con

> creteTreeProcessor.java:234)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(Con

> creteTreeProcessor.java:176)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess

> or.java:243)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNod

> e.java:117)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo

> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:46)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invok

> e(PreparableMatchNode.java:130)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo

> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:68)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Pipel

> ineNode.java:138)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo

> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:68)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(Pipe

> linesNode.java:92)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(Con

> creteTreeProcessor.java:234)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(Con

> creteTreeProcessor.java:176)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess

> or.java:243)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:608)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1123)
>         at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
>         at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:405)
>         at
>
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandl

> er.java:472)
>         at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:525)
>         at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1457)
>         at
>
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationContext

> .java:514)
>         at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1409)
>         at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.service(HttpServer.java:889)
>         at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:829)
>         at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:998)
>         at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:846)
>         at
> org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:244)
>         at
> org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:345)
>         at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool
> $PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:530)
> Caused by: org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: invalid password for
> user
> guest
>         at
> org.exist.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.getUser(DatabaseImpl.java:263)
>         at
> org.exist.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.getLocalCollection(DatabaseImpl.java:226)
>         at
> org.exist.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.getCollection(DatabaseImpl.java:159)
>         at org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
> org.exist.cocoon.XQueryGenerator.generate(XQueryGenerator.java:264)
>         ... 39 more
> org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: invalid password for user guest
>         at
> org.exist.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.getUser(DatabaseImpl.java:263)
>         at
> org.exist.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.getLocalCollection(DatabaseImpl.java:226)
>         at
> org.exist.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.getCollection(DatabaseImpl.java:159)
>         at org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
> org.exist.cocoon.XQueryGenerator.generate(XQueryGenerator.java:264)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.processXMLP

> ipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:575)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline

> .processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:183)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(Abs

> tractProcessingPipeline.java:483)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(Seri

> alizeNode.java:120)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo

> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:46)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invok

> e(PreparableMatchNode.java:130)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo

> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:68)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Pipel

> ineNode.java:138)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo

> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:68)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(Pipe

> linesNode.java:92)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(Con

> creteTreeProcessor.java:234)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(Con

> creteTreeProcessor.java:176)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess

> or.java:243)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNod

> e.java:117)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo

> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:46)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invok

> e(PreparableMatchNode.java:130)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo

> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:68)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Pipel

> ineNode.java:138)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo

> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:68)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(Pipe

> linesNode.java:92)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(Con

> creteTreeProcessor.java:234)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(Con

> creteTreeProcessor.java:176)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess

> or.java:243)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:608)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1123)
>         at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
>         at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:405)
>         at
>
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandl

> er.java:472)
>         at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:525)
>         at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1457)
>         at
>
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationContext

> .java:514)
>         at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1409)
>         at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.service(HttpServer.java:889)
>         at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:829)
>         at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:998)
>         at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:846)
>         at
> org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:244)
>         at
> org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:345)
>         at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool
> $PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:530)
>
>
> stacktrace[show]
>
> org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: invalid password for user guest
>         at
> org.exist.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.getUser(DatabaseImpl.java:263)
>         at
> org.exist.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.getLocalCollection(DatabaseImpl.java:226)
>         at
> org.exist.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.getCollection(DatabaseImpl.java:159)
>         at org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
> org.exist.cocoon.XQueryGenerator.generate(XQueryGenerator.java:264)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.processXMLP

> ipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:575)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline

> .processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:183)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(Abs

> tractProcessingPipeline.java:483)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(Seri

> alizeNode.java:120)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo

> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:46)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invok

> e(PreparableMatchNode.java:130)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo

> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:68)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Pipel

> ineNode.java:138)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo

> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:68)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(Pipe

> linesNode.java:92)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(Con

> creteTreeProcessor.java:234)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(Con

> creteTreeProcessor.java:176)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess

> or.java:243)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNod

> e.java:117)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo

> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:46)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invok

> e(PreparableMatchNode.java:130)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo

> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:68)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Pipel

> ineNode.java:138)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo

> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:68)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(Pipe

> linesNode.java:92)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(Con

> creteTreeProcessor.java:234)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(Con

> creteTreeProcessor.java:176)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess

> or.java:243)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:608)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1123)
>         at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
>         at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:405)
>         at
>
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandl

> er.java:472)
>         at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:525)
>         at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1457)
>         at
>
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationContext

> .java:514)
>         at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1409)
>         at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.service(HttpServer.java:889)
>         at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:829)
>         at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:998)
>         at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:846)
>         at
> org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:244)
>         at
> org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:345)
>         at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool
> $PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:530)
>
>
> If you need help and this information is not enough, you are invited
> to
> read the Cocoon FAQ.
> If you still don't find the answers you need, can send a mail to the
> Cocoon users mailing list, remembering to:
>
>       * specify the version of Cocoon you're using, or we'll assume
> that
>         you are talking about the latest released version;
>       * specify the platform-operating system-version-servlet
> container
>         version;
>       * send any pertinent error message;
>       * send pertinent log snippets;
>       * send pertinent sitemap snippets;
>       * send pertinent parts of the page that give you problems.
>
> For more detailed technical information, take a look at the log files
> in
> the log directory of Cocoon, which is placed by default in the
> WEB-INF/logs/ folder of your cocoon webapp context.
> If the logs don't give you enough information, you might want to
> increase the log level by changing the Logging configuration which is
> by
> default the WEB-INF/logkit.xconf file.
>
> If you think you found a bug, please report it to Apache's Bugzilla;
> a
> message will automatically be sent to the developer mailing list and
> you'll be kept in contact automatically with the further progress on
> that bug.
>
> Thanks, and sorry for the trouble if this is our fault.
>
> The Apache Cocoon Project
>
>
>
>
> If I click the "Admin" link in the exist webapplication
> (http://localhost:8080/exist) I get the following error -
>
> Error found
> Message:invalid password for user guest
> Exception Stacktrace:
> org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: invalid password for user guest at
> org.exist.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.getUser(DatabaseImpl.java:263) at
> org.exist.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.getLocalCollection(DatabaseImpl.java:226)
> at org.exist.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.getCollection(DatabaseImpl.java:159)
> at
> org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(Unknown Source) at
> org.exist.http.servlets.XQueryServlet.process(XQueryServlet.java:229)
> at
> org.exist.http.servlets.XQueryServlet.doGet(XQueryServlet.java:154)
> at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743) at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856) at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:405)
> at
>
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandl

> er.java:472) at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:525)
at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1457) at
>
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationContext

> .java:514) at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1409) at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.service(HttpServer.java:889) at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:829) at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:998)
> at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:846) at
> org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:244)
at

> org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:345) at
> org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:530)
>
>
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
> SF.Net email is sponsored by:
> Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server.
> Download
> it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very own
> Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php 
> _______________________________________________
> Exist-open mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
>


-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Power Architecture Resource Center: Free content, downloads, discussions,
and more. http://solutions.newsforge.com/ibmarch.tmpl
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open