Re: xsd 1.1

Dominic Latham
Dear All,

Is it possible to get more specific help on this?
Which xerces version support xsd 1.1 and which additional jars do you need.

With many thanks,

Dominic Latham

Re: xsd 1.1

Eduard Drenth

Download here: http://xerces.apache.org/mirrors.cgi#binary

Replace jars in lib/endorsed with the ones in the xerce distro. It says beta but I think it is rather stable, also oxygen uses it.

I have been trying to get auto validation working but that failed because parsing of a 1.1 xsd in exist fails somewhere.

searching https://sourceforge.net/p/exist/mailman/ this may help.

I have given up for now, but would still want xsd 1.1 and automatic validation to work. Although I must say TEI focus is on rng and schematron and xsd 1.1 has no jaxb support.

mail communication about my attempts:

I thought this: -Dorg.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration=org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration would do the trick, but no.

It looks like the validation mechanism gets hold of a non xsd 11 aware parser, but I cannot find where.

Logging points to validator.accept(info); on line 1438 of org.exist.collections.MutableCollection.

Got exist running with xsd11 version of xerces.

Validation doesn't work because of:

2017-06-27 13:09:36,158 [qtp1726715997-21] ERROR (XMLDBStore.java [evalWithCollection]:247) - The XML parser reported a problem: error at (5918,67) : s4s-elt-invalid-content.1: The content of '#AnonType_w' is invalid.  Element 'assert' is invalid, misplaced, or occurs too often.
org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: The XML parser reported a problem: error at (5918,67) : s4s-elt-invalid-content.1: The content of '#AnonType_w' is invalid.  Element 'assert' is invalid, misplaced, or occurs too often.
        at org.exist.xmldb.LocalCollection.lambda$storeXMLResource$13(LocalCollection.java:594) ~[exist.jar:3.2.0]
        at org.exist.xmldb.function.LocalXmldbCollectionFunction.apply(LocalXmldbCollectionFunction.java:48) ~[exist.jar:3.2.0]
        at org.exist.xmldb.LocalCollection.lambda$null$22(LocalCollection.java:729) ~[exist.jar:3.2.0]
        at org.exist.xmldb.function.LocalXmldbCollectionFunction.apply(LocalXmldbCollectionFunction.java:48) ~[exist.jar:3.2.0]

exist seems to validate the xsd as an 1.0 xsd.

Can I somehow turn off validation of the xsd?

Using same xsd and xml in oxygen shows xsd11 validation works.

Bye,

Eduard Drenth, Software Architekt

[hidden email]

Doelestrjitte 8