Root URL direct to index page of application?

Root URL direct to index page of application?

RoyMacLean
[Apologies if this is dumb question...]

I have a documentation app running on eXist with the standalone Jetty server.

The root URL: https://docs.mycompany.com/ is mapped to the web server, and opens up the dashboard page: https://docs.mycompany.com/exist/apps/dashboard/index.html

Is there any way I can map the root URL to the index page of my app: https://docs.mycompany.com/exist/apps/docapp/index.html ? Since 'dashboard' is just another app, I'm guessing so, but I can't find any configuration that seems to do the mapping.

regards
/Roy MacLean

Re: Root URL direct to index page of application?

Wolfgang Meier-2
> The root URL: https://docs.mycompany.com/ is mapped to the web server, and
> opens up the dashboard page:
> https://docs.mycompany.com/exist/apps/dashboard/index.html
>
> Is there any way I can map the root URL to the index page of my app:
> https://docs.mycompany.com/exist/apps/docapp/index.html ? Since 'dashboard'
> is just another app, I'm guessing so, but I can't find any configuration
> that seems to do the mapping.

You may want to change webapp/controller.xql, which does a redirect to the dashboard app by default.

Re: Root URL direct to index page of application?

Martin Holmes
I make these settings in controller-config.xml:

<root xmlns="http://exist.sourceforge.net/NS/exist"
pattern="/apps/{$appName}/apps" path="xmldb:exist:///db/apps/"/>

<root xmlns="http://exist.sourceforge.net/NS/exist" pattern="/"
path="xmldb:exist:///db/apps/{$appName}/"/>

I think they have to be in that order, so the path to apps/ is set first
and the root second. That sets the root to the root of my app, but it
means I can still access (for instance) the dashboard on:

/apps/dashboard/

You have to make sure that there's no part of your app which uses a path
starting with /apps, of course.

Cheers,
Martin