Quantcast

What is this java error telling me?

mountainbiker
In the exist log, I was getting "WARN (RESTServer.java [writeResourceAs]:1387) - java.xml.transform.TransformerException: EOFException(java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe)

I was getting this over and over in the log.  The performance of the database went to zero.  I restarted the database.  It did a reindex of the database upon startup.

Can anyone give me a view as to what might be occurring?

Re: What is this java error telling me?

James Fuller-8
ok, are you uploading resources via REST ... might be an empty file or zero byte image file causing this, is the write process pulling off resources from another server ... u sure there is access to that server ?

just a few quick stabs in the dark,

James Fuller

On 29 June 2010 17:31, mountainbiker <[hidden email]> wrote:

In the exist log, I was getting "WARN (RESTServer.java
[writeResourceAs]:1387) - java.xml.transform.TransformerException:
EOFException(java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe)

I was getting this over and over in the log.  The performance of the
database went to zero.  I restarted the database.  It did a reindex of the
database upon startup.

Can anyone give me a view as to what might be occurring?

Re: What is this java error telling me?

Dannes Wessels-3
I guess it is the other way around: maybe there is a download of a resource is started but... the web browser stops the download (click on stop button?)
The performance decrease I cannot explain yet....

--
eXist-db Native XML Database - http://exist-db.org
Join us on linked-in: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=35624

Re: What is this java error telling me?

mountainbiker
Thanks for all your inputs.

I was following a scheduled xQuery job in the log when I began to see this unfamiliar series of WARN messages, and it is also when everything seemed to come to a stand still.

This xQuery in question is an xQuery from hell as it must make approximately 500 web service calls.  These 500 web service were complete as I log their progress to the log.  The final steps should have been to
    (1) store a XML resource built from the web service calls (approximately 50,000 elements/lines),
    (2) do a few XSLT transformations against the XML data set, and
    (3) write these files out.
These final steps never occurred ... before I decided to restart eXist.

The large number of web service calls are troublesome to the job.  If reduced to a handful, then everything seems to work flawlessly.

I am blaming my xQuery from hell for the WARN messages and killing eXist.  Now, how to figure out why it is killing eXist; otherwise, I have to send the xQuery back to the drawing board for a rethink.

Re: What is this java error telling me?

Dmitriy Shabanov
Can you share your script? (private?)

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: What is this java error telling me?

mountainbiker
Dmitriy Shabanov wrote
Can you share your script? (private?)
dmitriy-  sent you a copy.  thanks.  -mountainbiker