Wiki Question: how to dipslay \ in code?

Wiki Question: how to dipslay \ in code?

Ulrike Schmidt
I tried to put a version of samples/http/search.pl with basic
authorization in the wiki, but the backslashes get lost, so "\n" becomes
"n" and so on.  If I write "\\n" I get "\\n" but not "\n", which I would
like to have. Any hints?

Uli

Re: Wiki Question: how to dipslay \ in code?

wolfgangmm
> I tried to put a version of samples/http/search.pl with basic
> authorization in the wiki, but the backslashes get lost, so "\n" becomes
> "n" and so on.  If I write "\\n" I get "\\n" but not "\n", which I would
> like to have. Any hints?

It seems you can use 3 slashes to get ore: \\\n. \\ adds a line break.

Wolfgang Meier wrote:

>>I tried to put a version of samples/http/search.pl with basic
>>authorization in the wiki, but the backslashes get lost, so "\n" becomes
>>"n" and so on.  If I write "\\n" I get "\\n" but not "\n", which I would
>>like to have. Any hints?
>>

>It seems you can use 3 slashes to get ore: \\\n. \\ adds a line break.

\\ did not add a line break within {code}, but gave \\.

But "\\\n" somehow does exactly what I want, thanks!

Uli