Write conflicts avoidance

Ludovic Heitz
Hello guys,

I'm using exist 3.1.0 and xquery-versioning-module 1.1.2, under Windows 7.
In my conf, I enabled the serialization filter and added the versioning module.

The documentation specifies that adding the setting <parameter name="overwrite" value="no"/> to the org.exist.versioning.VersioningTrigger configuration prevents write conflicts (http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/doc/versioning.xml#D2.2.4.3).

But I definitely can't assure that.

Moreover, looking at the sources, I understand that the VersioningTrigger is checking the added attributes from the org.exist.versioning.VersioningFilter  (http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/doc/versioning.xml#D2.2.4.4).
But I think this can't work, because the VersioningFilter uses the org.exist.collections.CollectionConfiguration.triggerRegistered function, which is unimplemented.

Could someone tell me if I'm wrong, and where my thinking is failing?

Thanks for reading

Ludovic

Re: Write conflicts avoidance

Adam Retter
Hi Ludovic,

There is an issue for this here -
https://github.com/eXist-db/xquery-versioning-module/issues/6 and I
just submitted a fix for the issue here:
https://github.com/eXist-db/exist/pull/1404