XQuery performances + tests

12

Re: Fix: XQuery performances + tests

Jean-Marc Vanel-3
Michael Beddow wrote:

>OK, I've put an English translation at
>
>http://www.anglo-norman.net/sitedocs/optimisation-xquery-en.html
>
>Anyone is welcome to grab, amend, put on Wiki etc etc. I'm afraid I'm too
>old (and too busy) to learn how to Wiki myself...

That is a wonderful translation !
I'll augment it a bit.
I don't know yet how to  pass from format HTML to Wiki format.

But believe me Wiki is easy ! I'm 52 myself and I still wiki :-) .

>Michael

Jean-Marc Vanel 01 39 43 31 46
Conseil et Services / développement & intégration logiciels
Logiciel libre, Web, Java, XML ...
A la pointe de la technique, au service des projets
http://jmvanel.free.fr/ ===) CV, software resources

Mes journaux:
- sujets généraux en Français: http://jmvanel.free.fr/Block-note.html
- sujets informatiques en Français: http://jmvanel.free.fr/notes-informatiques.html
- computer science diary : http://jmvanel.free.fr/computer-notes.html

Worldwide Botanical Knowledge Base
http://wwbota.free.fr/
test XML query engine: http://jmvanel.free.fr/protea.html

Re: XQuery performances + tests

Cédric Meier
Here are the results I had with the CVS version (2005-09-19) in comparison with the previous results (snapshot 2005-08-05).
This time the results are proportional with the number of documents in the collection (linear augmentation of the time).
And the speed is incredibly faster with the improvements done by Wolfgang!

Adam, I'm waiting for your results with the CVS version on Linux if you have enough time. That could be interessant to see the difference now!

Jean-Marc, thank you for the "Xquery optimisation" doc! It's really usefull!

Cédric

Adam Retter a écrit :
Here are the results for repeating Cedric's test on similar hardware but
with SuSE Linux 9.3 Professional as opposed to Windows  XP.

Intrestingly it seems to be a little bit slower, which surprised me...

I have seen the recent posts about Wolfgang's performance improvements
to XQuery performance. I will try and repeat the testing with a CVS
updated copy of eXist soon.

Thanks Adam

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 10:09 +0100, Adam Retter wrote:

Have done the testing on linux now. Initial indications are its a
little
slower...

will try and posts the results tomorrow.

cheers adam

  _____