XQueryGenerator cache-validity

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

XQueryGenerator cache-validity

Евгений-8
If change text of modules imported in some ".xq" xquery script or text
of modules that imported in modules and etc...

But  code if XQueryGenerator.java:

...
public Serializable getKey() {
                StringBuffer key = new StringBuffer();
                key.append(optionalParameters.toString());
                key.append(inputSource.getURI());
                return key.toString();
        }
...

dont' use this feature...

May be also save in cache all imported modules?




Evgeny [hidden email]

.




-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server. Download
it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very own
Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: XQueryGenerator cache-validity

Adam Retter-7
Whilst on the issue of the cache -

There is also a problem with cache and the serialize options...

When eXist is first started and a document is serialized through REST it
includes the doctype declarations as specified in the serialized option.
When it is next requested and this time its pulled from the cache it
does not include the doctype declaration as specified in the serialize
option.

Thanks Adam


On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 14:27 +0100, Евгений wrote:

> If change text of modules imported in some ".xq" xquery script or
> text  
> of modules that imported in modules and etc...
>
> But  code if XQueryGenerator.java:
>
> ...
> public Serializable getKey() {
>                 StringBuffer key = new StringBuffer();
>                 key.append(optionalParameters.toString());
>                 key.append(inputSource.getURI());
>                 return key.toString();
>         }
> ...
>
> dont' use this feature...
>
> May be also save in cache all imported modules?
>
>
>
>
> Evgeny [hidden email]
>
> .
>
>
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
> SF.Net email is sponsored by:
> Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server.
> Download
> it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very own
> Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php 
> _______________________________________________
> Exist-open mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
>


-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server. Download
it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very own
Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: XQueryGenerator cache-validity

Jean-Baptiste Quenot-2
In reply to this post by Евгений-8
> If change text  of modules imported in some  ".xq" xquery script
> or text of  modules that imported in modules and  etc...  May be
> also save in cache all imported modules?

Yes indeed that  would be great if you could  provide a patch that
invalidates the cached object when  one of the imported modules is
changed.

You will have to look at getValidity() to implement that.
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
Systèmes d'Information
ANYWARE TECHNOLOGIES
Tel : +33 (0)5 61 00 52 90
Fax : +33 (0)5 61 00 51 46
http://www.anyware-tech.com/


-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server. Download
it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very own
Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: XQueryGenerator cache-validity

Jean-Baptiste Quenot-2
In reply to this post by Adam Retter-7
* Adam Retter:

> When eXist is first started and a document is serialized through
> REST it  includes the doctype  declarations as specified  in the
> serialized  option.  When  it is  next requested  and this  time
> its  pulled from  the  cache  it does  not  include the  doctype
> declaration as specified in the serialize option.

You must  set the doctype  in the configuration of  the serializer
used in  your pipeline.   Have you  done so?   Can you  provide an
example?
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
Systèmes d'Information
ANYWARE TECHNOLOGIES
Tel : +33 (0)5 61 00 52 90
Fax : +33 (0)5 61 00 51 46
http://www.anyware-tech.com/


-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server. Download
it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very own
Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: XQueryGenerator cache-validity

Adam Retter-7
In reply to this post by Евгений-8
I dont use a pipeline.

I am using XQuery through REST.

and I am using the eXist xquery line -

declare option exist:serialize "method=xhtml indent=yes
omit-xml-declaration=no
doctype-public=-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN
doctype-system=http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd";

If you look at the output in a webbrowser then the doctype is there the
first time the query is called, subequent calls omit this in the results
and I guess its because it is then loaded from the cache but the cache
hasnt stored the doctype declarations?



On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 15:29 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:

> * Adam Retter:
>
> > When eXist is first started and a document is serialized through
> > REST it  includes the doctype  declarations as specified  in the
> > serialized  option.  When  it is  next requested  and this  time
> > its  pulled from  the  cache  it does  not  include the  doctype
> > declaration as specified in the serialize option.
>
> You must  set the doctype  in the configuration of  the serializer
> used in  your pipeline.   Have you  done so?   Can you  provide an
> example?
> --  
> Jean-Baptiste Quenot
> Systèmes d'Information
> ANYWARE TECHNOLOGIES
> Tel : +33 (0)5 61 00 52 90
> Fax : +33 (0)5 61 00 51 46
> http://www.anyware-tech.com/
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
> SF.Net email is sponsored by:
> Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server.
> Download
> it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very own
> Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php 
> _______________________________________________
> Exist-open mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
>


-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server. Download
it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very own
Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Re: XQueryGenerator cache-validity

Adam Retter-7
In reply to this post by Евгений-8
I dont know, but I did speak to Wolfgang before and we believed it to be a
caching issue, perhaps he could shed some light in this?

  _____  

From: Jean-Baptiste Quenot [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Fri 23/09/2005 15:47
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [Exist-open] Re: XQueryGenerator cache-validity



This message uses a character set that is not supported by the Internet
Service.  To view the original message content,  open the attached message.
If the text doesn't display correctly, save the attachment to disk, and then
open it using a viewer that can display the original character set.

<<message.txt>>



-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server. Download
it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very own
Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open