Quantcast

add-parameter not passing the parameter in a redirect?

add-parameter not passing the parameter in a redirect?

Dave Finton
I've followed the directions on this page to a tee, and I've run into a minor problem (at http://exist.sourceforge.net/urlrewrite.html)

(BTW, We are running eXist 1.5 rev 15369, 64 bit, on Ubuntu Linux running on Sun Java 1.6)

After a submission is made, we issue a redirect to return us to the original page. We do this with a dispatch directive that looks like the following:

        <dispatch xmlns="http://exist.sourceforge.net/NS/exist">
            <redirect url="http://myhost.com/dave">
                <add-parameter name="message" value="This is a message to be passed to the page being redirected to" />
            </redirect>
        </dispatch>

Now the redirect works perfectly except for one minor problem. It looks like the parameter does not actually make it. I try to retrieve it via request:get-parameter, but the string is blank.

Am I missing anything?

--
David Finton

Re: add-parameter not passing the parameter in a redirect?

Peter Stadler
I am facing the same problem and reported it in a recent thread: http://exist.2174344.n4.nabble.com/controller-xql-forwarding-of-parameters-tp3921709p3921709.html
Can anyone from the core devs comment on this?
If this is indeed a bug I'd be happy to file a bug report on sourceforge.

Peter

Am 04.11.2011 um 20:58 schrieb Dave Finton:

> I've followed the directions on this page to a tee, and I've run into a minor problem (at http://exist.sourceforge.net/urlrewrite.html)
>
> (BTW, We are running eXist 1.5 rev 15369, 64 bit, on Ubuntu Linux running on Sun Java 1.6)
>
> After a submission is made, we issue a redirect to return us to the original page. We do this with a dispatch directive that looks like the following:
>
>         <dispatch xmlns="http://exist.sourceforge.net/NS/exist">
>             <redirect url="http://myhost.com/dave">
>                 <add-parameter name="message" value="This is a message to be passed to the page being redirected to" />
>             </redirect>
>         </dispatch>
>
> Now the redirect works perfectly except for one minor problem. It looks like the parameter does not actually make it. I try to retrieve it via request:get-parameter, but the string is blank.
>
> Am I missing anything?
>
> --
> David Finton

Peter Stadler