apps collection cache

hendrickst
Probably a simple question, but it appears that the apps collection is caching the files which on production is a good thing. On my development box however it means that 2kb files are taking 5-5 minutes for me to save an alteration. Is there a way to turn this off?

Trevor Hendricks
Project Analyst -- Publication Systems
Technical Communications, MS: 078
m: 920-226-2116
p: 920-457-4441; ext. 73571
f: 920-803-3939
e: [hidden email]
Experience gracious living with Kohler.
Genuine Kohler Service Parts

Back when I was a boy, we carved our own CPUs out of wood.

Re: apps collection cache

Joe Wicentowski
Hi Trevor,

I'm not sure your hunch is right - that caching is the cause of your
slowdown.  Can you provide some more details to help folks here
understand?

1. eXist version?
2. What do you mean by "save an alteration"?  What are you using to
save/alter files?
3. # of documents in the collection in question?
4. What if any indexes have you applied indexes to the collections in question?
5. What do you mean by "5-5 minutes"?

Joe

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 10:50 AM, Hendricks Trevor
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Probably a simple question, but it appears that the apps collection is caching the files which on production is a good thing. On my development box however it means that 2kb files are taking 5-5 minutes for me to save an alteration. Is there a way to turn this off?
>

> Trevor Hendricks
> Project Analyst -- Publication Systems
> Technical Communications, MS: 078
> m: 920-226-2116
> p: 920-457-4441; ext. 73571
> f: 920-803-3939
> e: [hidden email]
> Experience gracious living with Kohler.
> Genuine Kohler Service Parts
>
> Back when I was a boy, we carved our own CPUs out of wood.

Re: apps collection cache

hendrickst
Ugh. Sorry! I know better.

1. eXist version?
        -- Version: 2.2, aster-5c5aadc
2. What do you mean by "save an alteration"?  What are you using to save/alter files?
        -- I'm simply changing six characters in the file. I generally use webdav, but have the same issue using eXide and java admin client.
3. # of documents in the collection in question?
        -- Total of six files for a total size of roughly 14kb and then a subcollection within that has a size of 83kb.
4. What if any indexes have you applied indexes to the collections in question?
        -- No idexes at all on this collection (/apps/main)
5. What do you mean by "5-5 minutes"?
        -- Simply a mistype. Meant 5 to 15 minutes, not 5 to 5.