cache module permission

محمد جواد حسنی
Dear all,

The cache module is very useful to manage host resource usage. But is has a problem. The guest user can clear all cache by calling cache:clear()!!! Can i limit calling the function by any users?

Thanks.

Re: cache module permission

Adam Retter
Hi Mjavad,

The cache module has needed some attention for a while as it has some concurrency issues too. Your request encouraged me to spend an hour or so this afternoon cleaning it up.

At the same time, I added a new explicit cache:create function which allows you to specify some basic permissions by user group which I think should solve your issue.

The new Cache module is here: https://github.com/eXist-db/exist/pull/1478

On 12 July 2017 at 07:05, محمد جواد حسنی <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear all,

The cache module is very useful to manage host resource usage. But is has a problem. The guest user can clear all cache by calling cache:clear()!!! Can i limit calling the function by any users?

Thanks.

eXist Core Developer
{ United Kingdom / United States }