connexion to eXist with php interface

Ben Ghenaya Fatma
hello,
I m searching a simple script that connect to an eXist database with php
please help me

Fatmaa

Re: connexion to eXist with php interface

Benjamin Muskalla
Hi Ben,

the last weeks I hadn't enough time to care about the package. But I
think this weekend I'll release a new version of my DB_eXist.

You can install it via PEAR. It needs ext/soap or (in the future)
ext/xmlrpc.

More informations about the package can you find here:

http://www.bmuskalla.de/DB_eXist

It would be nice to have some feedback on it.

Thanks

Benny

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 13:33 +0200, Ben Ghenaya Fatma wrote:
> hello,
> I m searching a simple script that connect to an eXist database with
> php
> please help me
>
> --
> Fatmaa

Re: connexion to eXist with php interface

Ulrike Schmidt
I just had a look at http://query-exist.sourceforge.net/
I don't know about the PHP parts, but the Perl module seems to need some
debugging.

Uli

Ben Ghenaya Fatma wrote:

> hello,
> I m searching a simple script that connect to an eXist database with php
> please help me
>
> --
> Fatmaa

Re: connexion to eXist with php interface

Michael Beddow-2
Ulrike Schmidt wrote

> I just had a look at http://query-exist.sourceforge.net/
> I don't know about the PHP parts, but the Perl module seems to need some
> debugging.

Perl-SOAP-eXist (as used there) is a problem area. Perl-REST is far more
straightforward and reliable. If it seems under-documented, that's probably
mainly because there isn't much to document. Apart from the basic mechanics
of assembling, dispatching and retrieving XQueries via http (which is
obviously language specific, but can be done by fairly familiar techniques
in Perl, PHP, python or whatever) everything else is in the REST i/f and the
XQuery docs.  Perl-XMLRPC ought to be equally simple, but there can be
encoding headaches (which can also areise with attempts to create PHP
classes to wrap calls to eXist if the coder isn't fully aware of the
techniques for handling Unicode characters in PHP).

Michael Beddow

Re: connexion to eXist with php interface

Eric Hanson
Here's one I wrote a few months ago.  A few people seem to be using it
with success.  It's in the eXist CVS repository:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/exist/exist_phpapi/

Eric