content management system with eXist

chen_jing
Hi all,
I want to develop a content management system by myself and use eXist as database. Is it feasible? Are there more advantages using eXist than  using a relational database?

        Chenjing
        [hidden email]
          2005-10-25

Re: content management system with eXist

Adam Retter-7
Yes, its feasable and I personally believe eXist is an excellent
starting point.

I think something similar has been done at least once before, so you may
wish to use/contribute to an existing project rather than reinventing
the wheel.

If you check the mailing list archive on Gmane you should find some
information about existing eXist based CMS's - in fact I think there was
a post a few days ago announcing ShapeCMS which is based on eXist.

Cheers Adam.