Quantcast

dist-zip target creates broken eXist

Martin Holmes
On Ubuntu 16.04.2, using a fresh 3.0 checkout of the repo today:

./build.sh clean
./build.sh
./build.sh jnlp-all

gets me a good working eXist with Dashboard, Java Client and eXide.
However, if I then run

./build.sh dist-zip

I see these errors during the build process:

   [copy] Warning: dashboard-0.4.7.xar modified in the future.
   [copy] Warning: eXide-2.3.1.xar modified in the future.
   [copy] Warning: shared-resources-0.4.0.xar modified in the future.

then when I unpack and run the resulting zip, the dashboard and eXide
are both broken:

HTTP ERROR 404

Problem accessing /exist/apps/dashboard/. Reason:

     Document /db/apps/dashboard not found

We've done this on two separate desktops with the same results. Should I
raise a ticket?

Cheers,
Martin

Re: dist-zip target creates broken eXist

Martin Holmes
More info:

The XAR files as they appear in the repo tree after the initial build
ARE in fact dated in the future: they're dated nine hours ahead of our
local time (which would put them on German time, except that the
timezone is PST). It looks like timezone info is getting lost somehow.

The odd thing is that the build works in situ (a working version of
eXist, including these future-stamped XARs) is created; it's only when
the dist-zip package is created (at which time the copies are created
with a sensible timestamp) that something goes wrong.

I believe something in the build process, which goes and gets the XAR
files, downloads them (on Ubuntu, anyway) with bad or missing timezone
info; and then the resulting future-timestamped file somehow causes
errors in the dist-zip build process which results in their being
non-functional, even though they are there in ./autodeploy/ and
identical to the working ones they were copied from.

Even if I touch the xars in autodeploy to give them sensible timestamps
before building dist-zip, the version in the zip still fails.

Cheers,
Martin