eXist 3.2.0 PDFBox and including a PDF in a generated PDF

eXist 3.2.0 PDFBox and including a PDF in a generated PDF

pbourdillon
Hi

I am having difficulty in getting PDFBox to work with eXist 3.2.0

Ever since eXist 1.4 I have been generating PDFs of applications for postgraduate scholarships. Attachments such as candidates’ undergraduate transcripts are stored outside eXist but pulled in to the PDF using XSLFO and PDFBox.

With great difficulty I managed to get the stored PDFs to be includeded using eXist 3.1.1 but I am unsure what I did to make it happen. I then installed eXist 3.2.0 over 3.1.1 and I have been unable to include the stored PDFs in the generated PDFs. Attachments such as JPG, also stored outside eXist, continue to be correctly included in the generated PDFs. I have tried getting both pdfbox-2.0.5.jar and pdf-2.0.6.jar to work with fop-2.1.jar

eXist 2.2 runs as expected using fop.jar, pdfbox-1.3.1.jar and fop-pdf-images-2.0.0.jar

Any suggestions would be gratefully received as I have had to go back to using eXist 2.2

Peter

Re: eXist 3.2.0 PDFBox and including a PDF in a generated PDF

Adam Retter
Hi Peter,

I think we are going to need you to provide us with the smallest possible reproducible test case that you can for this.