Quantcast

eXist Community Call: Mon. Feb. 27

A reminder that the next the eXist Community Call will be held
tomorrow, Monday, February 27, 2017, 19:00-20:00 UTC (11am US Pacific,
2pm US Eastern, 7pm UK, 8pm CET).

The agenda will focus on progress toward 3.1 and a new proposal that
Adam and Dmitriy are working on explaining eXist's versioning scheme
and release process.  This week's agenda is already quite full, but
the document is open for editing, and there is a section with ideas
for future calls.

The GoToMeeting link and agenda are all in the following Google Doc:

  https://docs.google.com/document/d/116O2kVM5_7QNsL7DVe21y-GFM7OQKi1FjfD8NLnqFXQ/edit?usp=sharing

The folder with last week's agenda (now read-only) is here:

  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4NLNdpw86LPc2JsV294NDFfTjQ

Hope to see you tomorrow or on a Community Call soon.

Joe

Re: eXist Community Call: Mon. Feb. 27

Today's Community Call focused on two main topics: (1) reviewing the
status of pull requests in the core eXist repository and other
associated eXist app repositories before the 3.1.0 release, and (2) a
preliminary Q&A about Adam and Dmitriy's hot-off-the-presses proposal
for versioning scheme and release process.  The proposal is still
being discussed by the core developers, with discussion mostly
focusing on the finer points and implications of naming pre-release
versions, particularly snapshots and nightly builds.  The notes from
the call are posted here (participants from the call, please complete
your edits as soon as possible):

  https://docs.google.com/document/d/116O2kVM5_7QNsL7DVe21y-GFM7OQKi1FjfD8NLnqFXQ/edit?usp=sharing

Discussion about versioning will continue among the developers until
the proposal is adopted.  Everyone eagerly awaits announcement of the
new document.

The core developers asked to hold another Community Call next week to
prepare for the 3.1 release.  The call will be held **next Monday,
March 6, 2017** 19:30-20:30 UTC (11:30am US Pacific, 2:30pm US
Eastern, 7:30pm UK, 8:30pm CET).  The agenda for next week's call is
open for editing:

  https://docs.google.com/document/d/12IBdoFRS-PsYVN4wfasnk0J2qie_UdALDqY2QeT6mbE/edit?usp=sharing

The list of ideas for future calls has been moved into its own
document - also open for editing:

  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WTtgR_RGOEkC8C9F-SCJNyuGG5hTHLkj1Gdq-v-HBRY/edit?usp=sharing

Hope to see you next week or at a Community Call soon.

Joe