eXist app for browsing & analyzing abstracts of the TEI conference 2016

eXist app for browsing & analyzing abstracts of the TEI conference 2016

See the announcement below from the TEI mailing list about a new site
built on eXist, online at
https://tei2016app.acdh.oeaw.ac.at/pages/index.html with source for
building an EXPath application package available at
https://github.com/acdh-oeaw/TEI2016abstracts.  Besides just a viewer
of texts, the app has added some nice analytical features: lists and
charts of submitters' names their gender, countries, and institutions.

Further digging revealed that the creators of this app also published
a series of tutorials about creating "digital edition web apps" with
eXist: https://howto.acdh.oeaw.ac.at/blog/books/how-to-build-a-digital-edition-web-app/.
It's great to see people sharing their knowledge with others.

Joe

p.s. I just opened up HipChat's Existdb room and noticed that
Magdalena already shared the post below there.  "Existdb" - a new
variant not covered in my earlier post,
http://markmail.org/message/wf4a6zvgoxa4r2ec ;)