Quantcast

eXist crashes when saving xml file using webdav

eXist crashes when saving xml file using webdav

Prerovsky, Clemens
Hi guys,

sorry for the long subject :)
The latest eXist snapshot seems to have a bug in it's webdav implementation. When saving a xml-file using webdav it crasheds (singal 11). I can reconstruct this behaviour since it happens every time I save. Any ideas?

Best regards
Clemens Prerovsky

BEKO Engineering & Informatik AG
IT Services / Objektorientierung
Modecenterstraße 22/A1
1030 Vienna
Austria
Tel. +43 / 1 / 797 50 - 217

Re: eXist crashes when saving xml file using webdav

Dannes Wessels
Hi Clemens,

Which webdav client are you using?

- Windows XP / webfolders
- jEdit + plugin
- Oxygen XML

regards

Dannes

# Dannes Wessels # The Netherlands #
# Jabber / ICQ / MSN / AIM / Yahoo / google.com/talk #

RE: eXist crashes when saving xml file using webdav

Prerovsky, Clemens
Hi Dannes,

I am using Kate to edit those files so I guess KIO Slaves are responsible for webdav access.

Best regards,
Clemens Prerovsky

# Dannes Wessels # The Netherlands #
# Jabber / ICQ / MSN / AIM / Yahoo / google.com/talk #

Re: eXist crashes when saving xml file using webdav

Adam Retter-7
Whats your webdav client out of interest?

I am using oXygen with a build of eXist from CVS today and I have no
problems.

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 10:22 +0100, Prerovsky, Clemens wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> sorry for the long subject :)
> The latest eXist snapshot seems to have a bug in it's webdav
> implementation. When saving a xml-file using webdav it crasheds
> (singal 11). I can reconstruct this behaviour since it happens every
> time I save. Any ideas?
>
> Best regards
> Clemens Prerovsky
>
> BEKO Engineering & Informatik AG
> IT Services / Objektorientierung
> Modecenterstraße 22/A1
> 1030 Vienna
> Austria
> Tel. +43 / 1 / 797 50 - 217

Re: eXist crashes when saving xml file using webdav

Erling Zachariassen Eybye
Prerovsky, Clemens <Clemens.Prerovsky <at> beko.at> writes:

> Hi
> guys,
>

> sorry for the long
> subject :)
> The latest eXist
> snapshot seems to have a bug in it's webdav implementation. When saving a
> xml-file using webdav it crasheds (singal 11). I can reconstruct this
> behaviour since it happens every time I save. Any
> ideas?
>

> Best regards
>

> Clemens
> Prerovsky
>
> BEKO Engineering & Informatik
> AG
> IT Services /
> Objektorientierung
> Modecenterstraße 22/A1
> 1030 Vienna
> Austria
> Tel. +43 / 1 / 797 50 - 217

Hello guys

I'm using the latest snapshot. When I saves a xml file via WebDAV, eXist doesn't
crash, but throws an exception. I found out the reason:
When the content-type is text/xml, eXist tries to evaluate the xml file
according to any DOCTYPE declaration, and searches for a .dtd in the folder
<exist installation
folder>\tools\jetty\work\Jetty__8080__exist\cocoon-files\cache-dir
regardless of the catalog file. The xml file is validated even though
validation is 'no' in the conf.xml file (is this a bug??)

I'm running eXist on windows xp home...

Regards

Erling

Re: Re: eXist crashes when saving xml file using webdav

> The xml file is validated even though
> validation is 'no' in the conf.xml file (is this a bug??)

The xml parser tries to load the dtd even if it is not validating,
probably to resolve possible entity references. However, I don't get
an exception with the cvs version. The resolver just silently fails
and parsing continues. This might be due to some changes we made
recently. Dannes is currently working to implement a better catalog
resolver which allows dtds and schemas to be stored in a db
collection.