eXist-db 3.2.0 exist-webapp-context / is still broken

eXist-db 3.2.0 exist-webapp-context / is still broken

Gerrit Boers
Hi,

I’m still running into the problem with the / as exist-webapp-context. I used the jar installer and verified that the installation is correct under the /exist context. After changing the context to / it doesn’t work anymore, neither the dashboard in the browser nor xmlrpc access from oXygen XML.
Has anybody got a clue what’s going on?

Kind regards,

Gerrit Boers

Re: eXist-db 3.2.0 exist-webapp-context / is still broken

Masoud Vakili
Hi,
I have this issue too!!
no any idea?!

thanks

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 3:30 PM, Gerrit Boers <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I’m still running into the problem with the / as exist-webapp-context. I used the jar installer and verified that the installation is correct under the /exist context. After changing the context to / it doesn’t work anymore, neither the dashboard in the browser nor xmlrpc access from oXygen XML.
Has anybody got a clue what’s going on?

Kind regards,

Gerrit Boers

Re: eXist-db 3.2.0 exist-webapp-context / is still broken

I am not sure if it is THE solution, but it is worth trying;

out of the box the "/" context is already in use ; a small web app shows the eXist-db logo and redirects to the "/exist" context. For sure it is not possible to define two identical contexts!

This portal is in "tools/jetty/webapps/portal', the configuration file that puts the portal on "/" is "tools/jetty/webapps/portal/WEB-INF/jetty-web.xml"

<Configure id="exist-portal-context" class="org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext">
    <Set name="contextPath">/</Set>
    <Set name="defaultsDescriptor"><Property name="jetty.home" default="."/>/etc/webdefault.xml</Set>
    <Set name="tempDirectory"><Property name="jetty.base" default="."/>/tmp</Set>
</Configure>

I think you have two options :

- remove this portal completely
- update this config file to force this war file on a different context

please note that if you change the 'out of box configuration' of exist-db components, providing support will be more difficult and potentially time consuming. I'd recommend to change as little as possible from the default configuration.

please could you verify my idea and report?

regards

Re: eXist-db 3.2.0 exist-webapp-context / is still broken

Masoud Vakili
Thanks Dannes for help;
I changed contextPath in the "tools/jetty/webapps/portal/WEB-INF/jetty-web.xml" file and restart eXist-db and finally solved the problem!
thank you very much

regards

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 12:42 AM, Dannes Wessels <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

[...]

Dannes Wessels-3
Thnx for the feedback !

Regards