eXist document functions not working.

John Preimonas-2
Hi,
 I have been trying to open eXist-db Documentation and XQuery Function Documenting icons from Desktop and I keep getting Error 500s. E.g. Problem accessing /exist/apps/doc/. Reason:
    An unknown error occurred: null
and Problem accessing /exist/apps/fundocs/index.html. Reason:
    An unknown error occurred: null

Full log details are in the attached. I tried reloading Function Documentation and restarting the computer and eXist, but the error continues.

Why?

Regards,
John Preimonas

Error500.rtf (62K) Download Attachment

Re: eXist document functions not working.

Dannes Wessels-3
Which eXist-db version?

--
eXist-db Native XML Database - http://exist-db.org
Join us on linked-in: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=35624

Re: eXist document functions not working.

Hi John,

according to the trace there is an issue in the map(*) code ; I cannot say anything more, and have no idea how to fix. Are there any specific things dpone on/in the database?

if possible, i'd day please reload the content on eXist-db ....

regards

Dannes

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 8:39 AM, John Preimonas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
 I have been trying to open eXist-db Documentation and XQuery Function Documenting icons from Desktop and I keep getting Error 500s. E.g. Problem accessing /exist/apps/doc/. Reason:
    An unknown error occurred: null
and Problem accessing /exist/apps/fundocs/index.html. Reason:
    An unknown error occurred: null

Full log details are in the attached. I tried reloading Function Documentation and restarting the computer and eXist, but the error continues.

Why?

Regards,
John Preimonas

eXist-db Native XML Database - http://exist-db.org
Join us on linked-in: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=35624

Re: eXist document functions not working.

Adam Retter
What exceptions are there in exist.log?

On 5 October 2016 at 07:01, Dannes Wessels <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi John,
>

> according to the trace there is an issue in the map(*) code ; I cannot say
> anything more, and have no idea how to fix. Are there any specific things
> dpone on/in the database?
>
> if possible, i'd day please reload the content on eXist-db ....
>
> regards
>
> Dannes
>

> On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 8:39 AM, John Preimonas <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>  I have been trying to open eXist-db Documentation and XQuery Function
>> Documenting icons from Desktop and I keep getting Error 500s. E.g. Problem
>> accessing /exist/apps/doc/. Reason:
>>     An unknown error occurred: null
>> and Problem accessing /exist/apps/fundocs/index.html. Reason:
>>     An unknown error occurred: null
>>
>> Full log details are in the attached. I tried reloading Function
>> Documentation and restarting the computer and eXist, but the error
>> continues.
>>
>> Why?
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Preimonas

> eXist-db Native XML Database - http://exist-db.org
> Join us on linked-in: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=35624

Re: eXist document functions not working.

John Preimonas-2
Hello gents,

I have downloaded and reloaded eXist-db v2.2 and tried opening Documentation from the Dashboard, and am still getting the Error 500 Problem accessing /exist/apps/doc/. Reason An unknown error occurred: null. (see attached message).

I am using macOs Sierra version 10.12. Processor 3.2 GHz intel Core i3, Memory 12 GB.

Other than that, nothing has changed.

Cheers,
John

Error 500 (62K) Download Attachment
ATT00001.txt (3K) Download Attachment

Re: eXist document functions not working.

John Preimonas-2
And here is another problematic question for you…
How can I delete Dashboard via Package Manager without coming to an abrupt halt with yet another ERROR message coming up? After that, there is no way back to Dashboard. All is lost until I reload eXist-db.dmg once again.

I thought I might be able to revert to some previous version of Dashboard to see if the error continues, but I cannot delete 0.4.6 (or 0.4.2 for that matter) without losing Dashboard and no way of returning to it.

Regards,
John