exist 3.1.1 service mode failure (YAJSW bug ?)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

exist 3.1.1 service mode failure (YAJSW bug ?)

Dominique Rabeuf

Windows 10 with Java 8 (build 1.8.0_121-b13) x86
​I have reported this problem two weeks ago.

The problem may be in YAJSW
Just an example
https://sourceforge.net/p/yajsw/bugs/119/

Does exist will be supported on Windows 10 ?



--
Dominique Rabeuf

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: exist 3.1.1 service mode failure (YAJSW bug ?)

Dannes Wessels-3
We use the latest version of YAJSW, so this fix should be included….


On 17 Apr 2017, at 19:37 , Dominique Rabeuf <[hidden email]> wrote:

Windows 10 with Java 8 (build 1.8.0_121-b13) x86
​I have reported this problem two weeks ago.

The problem may be in YAJSW
Just an example
https://sourceforge.net/p/yajsw/bugs/119/

Does exist will be supported on Windows 10 ?


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: exist 3.1.1 service mode failure (YAJSW bug ?)

Dannes Wessels-3
In reply to this post by Dominique Rabeuf
Hi,

On 17 Apr 2017, at 19:37 , Dominique Rabeuf <[hidden email]> wrote:

Does exist will be supported on Windows 10 ?

that is our goal :-) 

It might not be a YAJSW issue but an issue with that jna library;

please could you replace the files

./lib/core/jna/jna-4.2.2.jar
./lib/core/jna/jna-platform-4.2.2.jar

with the newest files found on https://github.com/java-native-access/jna#download  ?

Make a backup of the original files first (move outside the original location!), and give the the two downloaded files the same name as the originals ( *-4.2.2.jar )

Fingers crossed….

regards

Dannes



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: exist 3.1.1 service mode failure (YAJSW bug ?)

Dannes Wessels-3
I filed a bugreport on https://github.com/eXist-db/exist/issues/1417 

this way we can better track progress


On 18 Apr 2017, at 19:42 , Dannes Wessels <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 17 Apr 2017, at 19:37 , Dominique Rabeuf <[hidden email]> wrote:

Does exist will be supported on Windows 10 ?


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: exist 3.1.1 service mode failure (YAJSW bug ?)

Dominique Rabeuf

I have

  1. Uninstall exist and delete exist directory

  2. Execute downloaded jar file (3.1.1)

  3. I have replaced

./lib/core/jna/jna-4.2.2.jar

./lib/core/jna/jna-platform-4.2.2.jar

with the newest files found on https://github.com/java-native-access/jna#download  

rename the file 4.4.0 => 4.2.2

  1. Install exist as service


The service is created

If started manually, Windows display an error : no response, yajsw log directory remains empty


Previously (without jna files replacement)
The service was created
If started manually, yajsw log directory contains log report with errors (multiple tries to start and timeout)



In both cases, exist menu is not created in task bar


Regards

2017-04-18 20:05 GMT+02:00 Dannes Wessels <[hidden email]>:
I filed a bugreport on https://github.com/eXist-db/exist/issues/1417 

this way we can better track progress


On 18 Apr 2017, at 19:42 , Dannes Wessels <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 17 Apr 2017, at 19:37 , Dominique Rabeuf <[hidden email]> wrote:

Does exist will be supported on Windows 10 ?




--
Dominique Rabeuf

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: exist 3.1.1 service mode failure (YAJSW bug ?)

Dannes Wessels-3
Ok,

then I have no idea :-(


D.


eXist-db Native XML Database



On 19 Apr 2017, at 12:07 , Dominique Rabeuf <[hidden email]> wrote:

In both cases, exist menu is not created in task bar


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Exist-open mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exist-open