javax.xml.datatype.DatatypeConfigurationException

javax.xml.datatype.DatatypeConfigurationException

Jerome Blanchard-3

Hy, I’m using latest snapshot of eXist (downloadable from site) and I’ve got an exception now when executing query with date fields :

NoClassDefFoundError  javax.xml.datatype.DatatypeConfigurationException

I have watch on jarhoo.com and it seems it’s a jdk1.5 classe. Problem is that I’m using jdk1.4.2_xx and I don’t want to downgrade to exist 1.02b2 because improvements seem to be consequents.

I tried to put jaxp-1.4-20050623.jar but it seems to generate new error something like couldn’t find a DataType Factory …

Somebody have an idea ?

I found this : http://eric.van-der-vlist.com/blog/1416_Using_Orbeon_PresentationServer_with_a_recent_version_of_eXist.item

But it just says to switch to jdk 1.5….

Sincerely, jérôme.

Re: javax.xml.datatype.DatatypeConfigurationException

Dannes Wessels
> NoClassDefFoundError
> javax.xml.datatype.DatatypeConfigurationException

This is the log......

22:37:11.168 WARN!! [SocketListener0-9]
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:574)
>11> Error for /orbeon/apiculteurs/administration/statistiques/montre
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/xml/datatype/DatatypeConfigurationException
        at org.exist.xquery.value.AbstractDateTimeValue.<clinit>(AbstractDateTimeValue.java:157)
        at org.exist.xquery.functions.FunCurrentDateTime.eval(FunCurrentDateTime.java:51)
        at org.exist.xquery.PathExpr.eval(PathExpr.java:144)
        at org.exist.xquery.EnclosedExpr.eval(EnclosedExpr.java:58)
        at org.exist.xquery.PathExpr.eval(PathExpr.java:144)
        at org.exist.xquery.ElementConstructor.eval(ElementConstructor.java:173)
        at org.exist.xquery.AbstractExpression.eval(AbstractExpression.java:43)
        at org.exist.xquery.PathExpr.eval(PathExpr.java:159)

--
# Dannes Wessels # The Netherlands #
# Jabber / ICQ / MSN / AIM / Yahoo / google.com/talk #

Re: javax.xml.datatype.DatatypeConfigurationException

Michael Beddow-2
I think this is one for Piotr, if he's around at the moment.

Talking about his plans to enhance the date handling (which he shortly after
that carried out) he wrote (19 Feb 2005 on this list)

> I'd probably code it up
>against JDK 1.5, and let somebody else check it against JAXP 1.3 -- in
> theory, it should work fine.

It could just be that the theory has now been put to the test....

Michael Beddow

Re: javax.xml.datatype.DatatypeConfigurationException

Dannes Wessels
The "http://eric.van-der-vlist.com" statement "eXist now relies on
some Java 5.0 classes" is not true ; eXist relies on new Xerces
classes (2.7.1) (including JAXP1.3 features).

Please make sure that the Jar files in (exist-home)/lib/endorsed are
in your JRE's endorsed directory.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/standards/
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-4.1-doc/class-loader-howto.html

On 10/25/05, Dannes Wessels <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > NoClassDefFoundError
> > javax.xml.datatype.DatatypeConfigurationException
>
> This is the log......
>
> 22:37:11.168 WARN!! [SocketListener0-9]
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:574)
> >11> Error for /orbeon/apiculteurs/administration/statistiques/montre
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> javax/xml/datatype/DatatypeConfigurationException
>         at org.exist.xquery.value.AbstractDateTimeValue.<clinit>(AbstractDateTimeValue.java:157)
>         at org.exist.xquery.functions.FunCurrentDateTime.eval(FunCurrentDateTime.java:51)
>         at org.exist.xquery.PathExpr.eval(PathExpr.java:144)
>         at org.exist.xquery.EnclosedExpr.eval(EnclosedExpr.java:58)
>         at org.exist.xquery.PathExpr.eval(PathExpr.java:144)
>         at org.exist.xquery.ElementConstructor.eval(ElementConstructor.java:173)
>         at org.exist.xquery.AbstractExpression.eval(AbstractExpression.java:43)
>         at org.exist.xquery.PathExpr.eval(PathExpr.java:159)

RE: javax.xml.datatype.DatatypeConfigurationException

Piotr Kaminski
For the record, Dannes' note below is absolutely correct.  I compile and
test eXist in a JDK 1.4.2 environment (with the endorsed libraries), even
though my own project runs on JDK 1.5.  Incidentally, somebody checked in a
1.5-only change to NativeBroker recently, I had to fix it to work on
1.4.2...

> The "http://eric.van-der-vlist.com" statement "eXist now
> relies on some Java 5.0 classes" is not true ; eXist relies
> on new Xerces classes (2.7.1) (including JAXP1.3 features).
>
> Please make sure that the Jar files in
> (exist-home)/lib/endorsed are in your JRE's endorsed directory.

--
  Piotr Kaminski ([hidden email])
  "But I don't wanna use my head!"