lucene query substitutions

Pietro Liuzzo
Dear all,

I need to make my search ignore same diacritics but I am not sure what I need to modify there.

when the user searches s he should find also ś, š, ḍ and some others.

I have a series of such correspondencies.

Is an analyzer in lucene what I ought to be looking at?

Thanks for any suggestion

Pietro
--
Pietro Maria Liuzzo
cel (DE): +49 (0) 176 61 000 606

Re: lucene query substitutions

Peter Stadler
Hi Pietro,

That might help!

Best
Peter

Am 09.02.2017 um 12:38 schrieb Pietro Liuzzo <[hidden email]>:

Dear all,

I need to make my search ignore same diacritics but I am not sure what I need to modify there.

when the user searches s he should find also ś, š, ḍ and some others.

I have a series of such correspondencies.

Is an analyzer in lucene what I ought to be looking at?

Thanks for any suggestion

Pietro
--
Pietro Maria Liuzzo
cel (DE): +49 (0) 176 61 000 606
Skype: pietro.liuzzo (Quingentole)

Re: lucene query substitutions

Hi Pietro,

You might take a look at the `diacritics="yes|no"` option that
Wolfgang added to the Lucene configuration.  See:

  http://markmail.org/message/mqladaa6ey2s73b5

(I just checked and spotted that this isn't in the documentation, so I
opened an issue: https://github.com/eXist-db/documentation/issues/83.)

Joe

> I need to make my search ignore same diacritics but I am not sure what I need to modify there.
>
> when the user searches s he should find also ś, š, ḍ and some others.
>
> I have a series of such correspondencies.
>
> Is an analyzer in lucene what I ought to be looking at?

Re: lucene query substitutions

Pietro Liuzzo
That is indeed perfect and does most of what I needed to do, thanks a lot!
I would need to specify it a bit further. Can the NoDiacriticsStandardAnalyzer be modified? where do I find it?
Thanks again